Lexi turned 2 on June 13! She is a super amazing dog so I figured she deserved a super amazing birthday party! Dollar Tree had a bunch of luau decor so I decided that we would have a Lexi Luau!
Jordan and I think it's hilarious that so many people attend a dog birthday party. There were seventeen people at the party and two dogs. It's the Leesburg social event of the season!
Of course the most important part of the party was the cake. I decided to make an agility cake (this was before I decided to do the luau theme...oh well). A couple weeks ago I made a big batch of fondant and decided to try to make a Lexi out of it. Finished product:
| Yes, this took me an hour |
| Awesome from all angles |
Jordan had come up with the idea of a graham cracker A-Frame. I decided to cover graham crackers in fondant to make it flow with the fondant dog and stars. Jordan really felt like I should use melting chocolate, but I overrode that suggestion. I also made a table out of graham crackers.
The day of the party I got up early and made a double batch of red velvet cake and a bunch of cream cheese frosting. After putting on a crumb coat I piped "grass" onto the whole cake. It took ages!
However, it was TOTALLY worth it!
I was so happy that my family was in town for this year's party! Jordan's parents were here last year. I guess the parents can rotate years for the grandpup! :)
| Me and Michelle with the birthday girl! |
| Proud grand-puppy-parents! |
I decided to do a nacho bar because I thought that would be easier than hot dogs like we did last year. It wasn't--ha ha! If we have a party next year we'll probably be back to hot dogs. :)
I had set up a slip and slide and a sprinkler for all my friends' little kids. It was kind of overcast though so they didn't play for very long. I was SO glad it didn't rain!
| Miss Meredith |
| Miss Ellen |
When we brought out the cake everyone was super impressed!
Lexi really wanted a bite!
I thought it was hilarious that the little girls only wanted to eat the fondant stars! I think Brinley (below) ate like four of them! Ha ha!
| Apparently Brinley had been telling her mom there would be balloons, streamers, and coconut icees at the party. None of which I had. Isn't that hilarious? |
Lexi did have one dog friend show up--Lulu! They had so much fun running around together!
Happy birthday Lexi! You are super awesome!
5 comments:
What a fun looking party! We had a blast last year and hate that we had to miss it this year. Happy Birthday, Lexi!
Your cake looks beautiful! Glad your fam could be there with you to celebrate.
What a fun party for Lexi! Amazing cake! Wish we lived closer so we could come to your fun parties. :)
very impressive! LOVED the cake!
you make us uncrafty people look awful.
Post a Comment