Monday, February 23, 2009

Welcome!



Hi Everybody!

Welcome to our blog. We've decided to join the crowd and have a blog like everyone else, since it seems to be the cool thing to do. Because I, Jamie, consider myself the writer of our little family, I'll probably be doing most of the actual blogging. So here are so updates on what we've been doing!

Jordan is going to graduate in August with his degree in Real Estate Finance. He's been doing an (unfortunatly, unpaid) internship working with some condos in Draper. He's really learned a lot from the experience so far!

I'm graduating in April with a degree in English with an Editing minor. I also have an (also, unfortunatly, unpaid) internship. She works with LDS Living magazine where she edits manuscrips, writes articles, and conducts interviews. She loves it and hopes possibly work there after graduation, although chances are slim.

We moved to a new ward in January because we were feeling a bit out of place in the family ward. We're really enjoying the BYU married student ward and we were immediately called as Marriage and Family relations teachers, which was a little surprising because we've only been married for five months now (and we figured that there were other more qualified people to teach. Some people in there have been married for seven years! Wow!). We taught our first lesson yesterday about the importance of being forgiving and seeking forgiveness. I thought it went pretty well.

We bought tickets for a cruise in August! Because we got married in the middle of the school year, we didn't have time to go on a real honeymoon. We'll be going on a 7-night cruise to the Mexican Riveria on August 23 to celebrate our one year anniversary, as well as both of our graduations. We're going to ride horses on the beach in Mexico and I'm so excited!

Well, that's just kind of a broad update. We'll post when something exciting happens (but because we're still students, our lives are really not that exciting right now) and see if this blog thing is as cool as everyone says it is!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. The cruise sounds like a blast! Jealous!

RyRy said...

Yay! You joined the rest of the 55ers in the blogging world! How exciting.
Sounds like you and Jordan are quite the busy pair! We should get together soon and catch up- I'd love to see you Jamiekins!

Laurie said...

So fun!!! I loved the pictures of your picnic, and am excited for your interview this week and your new job. Lots of good things going on!!!
It was fun to see you and Jordan today, I loved the pictures of you and Jordan with Aida, so cute!
love ya,
Laurie

Unknown said...

Thanks for organizing the trip to the zoo! It was so much fun, hope you are having a great time in St. George!
love ya,
Laurie