Saturday, May 8, 2010

Sleepover with Libbie

We were lucky enough to have one of our cute nieces over for a sleepover on Thursday night. We're trying to spend lots of time with everyone before we leave for Georgia. We had a lot of fun with Libbie!

After we got home and ate our dinner, we played with the only toys I have--horses! I found a couple of my model horses that I'm not too attached to and Libbie played with them. She insisted that she wanted to watch a horse movie. The only kid horse movie I have is Black Beauty. I'm really glad she got bored of it before we got to the sad part...


After watching the movie we went out to see the baby lambs that are at Heritage. Libbie was really excited to see them...until we got there. Then she was really scared. It was cute. But she did pet the chickens...but we forgot our camera.

Then it was pajama time! Libbie wanted to practice riding before bed. We told her that if she rode Scout, she would win a ribbon. She told me that pink was her favorite color. Fortunately, I have a lot of pink ribbons.


Then we hung out and read a book in our pajamas.


Libbie loved our Squeeze-Its. She told Jordan she couldn't stop drinking them!


She eventually did go to sleep, although it took a while. The next morning, we had pancakes and sausage for breakfast and then headed out to see Scouty boy! Libbie's mom and dad and sister met us down there.


Katie really liked Scout too.

Scout was a very good boy.

Katie met a few of the other ponies while I was putting Scout's saddle on.


Finally, it was time to ride!


Libbie did great and definately deserved her ribbon. Since last time we rode she learned to make the horse go and stop, this time we worked on turning. She made lots of good circles.

She also trotted! She thought it was fun until Scout trotted over a pole on the ground, and then she got a little scared.

And, Libbie rode Scout all by herself! She was so brave being on that big, big horse all by herself. For some reason I don't have any pictures of this, which is sad. I hope her mom and dad have some!

It was a fun time! Thanks for coming over, Libbie!

2 comments:

RyRy said...

how fun!

Laurie said...

Yea, I was so hoping there would be pictures of your sleepover. I loved hearing all about it from Libbie, and then seeing the fun pictures of it. She had such a great time!!!!