I love my dad. He is certainly my hero. He's a hardworking guy, and one who will do anything for his family.
My dad and I have been close from the very beginning. I think he wished he had a son first, but I came along and so he just decided he would do all the fun son things with me instead. I caught my first fish at 5 years old (I wish I had the picture on my computer!), and Dad and I have gone fishing many, many times over the years.
He has instilled in me a great love of the outdoors. I love hiking, camping, anything that involves being outside!
Dad is a very good driver. I have to mention this. He is an excellent boat driver, trailer driver, and car driver. I don't think he's ever been in an accident. He's pretty awesome. I bet if he wanted to fly an airplane, he could do it no problem.
Dad doesn't like to relax (he's a hardworker!) but when we go up to Tahoe he does manage to chill on the beach for a bit. It's very difficult for him. He's always like, "Let's go biking, guys! Let's go up this trail!" "We can't just sit around" is probably one of his favorite phrases. I think it's why I can't sit around much, either. When I'm at home, I've got to be doing something! (I do manage to relax pretty well at the beach, though.)
My dad is such a great support in my life. He cheers me on through all my accomplishments, even though he really doesn't understand some of them. I'm pretty sure he attended almost every horse show of mine, and he paid attention. He can now name the five most common horse breeds, the basic colors, tell you the difference between hunters, jumpers, and equitation. It's very cute.
He really supported me going to college, and I know if I hadn't graduated he probably would have killed me. Ha ha. But when I had a fall back (like getting a D on my first BYU test!) he told me that he knew I would get through it and be okay.
My dad is a wonderful guy, through and through. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. I know that Heavenly Father blessed me when he sent me to this family. I can't wait to climb many more mountains with him, catch more fish with him, and just spend many more years with him (so Dad, if you're reading this, don't give yourself a heart attack putting your backyard in!).
I love you, Dad!


3 comments:
Very sweet!
Did you develop your expert driving skills from your dad?
I was always so impressed with how you could reverse into things...I'm still working on that skill.
Happy Bday to your Dad!
Hmmm. Our dads must be related or something. :D My dad got SO irritated if we ever watched tv or sat around to relax or did something that wasn't productive. He's very similar in that way!
Happy birthday Jamie's daddy!
What a lucky guy he is to have a sweet daughter like you to do all the fun stuff he likes to do with. He taught you well, and we're grateful to him for that !!!
Post a Comment