Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Another Week in Michigan

My weekly Michigan update is going to be pretty boring this week. It was a pretty chill one. 

We got to sit with the Birks at church, which was fun. Heidi is a such a cutie! Logan has been loving nursery. After we survive sacrament meeting, he runs down the hall and into the nursery room with us trailing way behind. 


On Tuesday it was not raining (have I mentioned that it rains all the time here? I think we've had about four sunny days in the past month). It was still cloudy but it was semi-warm (like upper 70s) so I took Logan to a splash pad at the mall. 


He had a lot of fun with the water and his cup.



Right next to the splash pad they had a little kids area with all this enormous fruit, so we went over and played there too. 


One of our favorite activities recently is glow in the dark baths. I use non-toxic fluorescent paint and mix it into the water, and then I mixed some with baby bath soap for the "paint." The just turn on a black light and wha-la! Glow in the dark fun.


On Thursday we had a rough day. Due to some of Jordan's work stuff I didn't have the car for a few days. It was dreary and Logan woke up early and took a really short nap, so we took off for CVS, which is about a 20 minute walk. I was praying it wouldn't dump rain on us, and it didn't (yay!). We also found a children's secondhand store right next to CVS where we got a fire truck puzzle for $3. Logan got to pick out a sucker and a bus at CVS (I was just trying to get through the day! Haha). He was very excited about his sucker, and he was a sticky mess afterwards!


That was the day Jordan got to go on a yacht with the CFO of GM. I felt justified in getting us some treats ;)


I started running and I'm using this app called Couch to 5K. It gives you running workouts for 3 times a week and is supposed to get you in shape to run a 5K in 9 weeks. I'm starting my 3rd week this week. Jordan and I are running in the Footsteps for Fertility 5K in SLC the last Saturday in August and I'm really excited. Couples (and their friends!) who enter are put into a raffle for either free IUIs or an IVF cycle. If anyone wants to join our team, we are Team BabyClineTwo! (Password is Logan.) You can register HERE. And you do not need to actually run if you want to join our team---you can choose the sleep in option ;)

PS I love my running shoes!


We've also been doing a lot of play dough. I got a really fun play dough tools set from amazon and Logan has really enjoyed it. I've been trying to work on letters with him as well. It's a slow process--he thinks they are all either "O" or "G."


And of course, we took our weekly trip to the library! Always a good time. I checked out Gone with the Wind which is SO LONG (987 pages!). It's kind of fun to read though since I recognize a lot of the cities they talk about, since it's set in Georgia.


On Saturday I got to go to Laura's baby shower! I've been so excited to go. And it was one of the nicest showers I've been to--the decor was darling and classy and all the food was amazing, and all the ladies there were super nice. Makes me want to move to Ann Arbor! It is so fun to be able to be with my roomie from college while she is getting ready for her first baby. He just better come while I'm still here or I'm going to be majorly bummed! Anyway, I think Laura is looking just beautiful during her pregnancy! I can't wait until she goes on maternity leave and we can hang out more :)


This week we're getting really excited because my mom will be here in a couple days! I can't believe that she's coming out here. I'm so so glad. We're going to go find the house she grew up in, hang out with one of her old besties, and also take a trip this weekend to Traverse City. I'm sure she'll also spoil Logan rotten while she's here. What are grandmas for?

1 comment:

RyRy said...

I've been catching up on your blog--love all the cute pics. I seriously can't get over how big Logan is getting! So cute!

I'm glad you guys are having fun. I'm seriously considering doing that fertility run with you. :)

Miss you!
xoxoxo