Thursday, October 13, 2016

Parker's Bow Tie Blessing Day

On September 4th we were able to bless our sweet little Parker Gray! My parents, my sister Michelle, and Jordan's parents were able to come down for the blessings. My uncle Joel and his family was also able to attend, and our friends from the MBA program, Steve and Lori Mineer, were also in town and came. And of course the Danielsons, who are in our ward, were there and also let us have our celebratory luncheon at their home! It was such a special day.

I bought Parker a sweet little bowtie and suspenders off of Etsy and decided to do the luncheon with a bow tie theme!


We had yummy croissant sandwiches, chips, and a veggie tray, and Bonnie made a bowtie pasta salad.



I also dressed up our root beer with some bow ties.


And turned our napkins into bow ties as well.


And bow tie cookies...okay, I may have gone a bit overboard.


My mom spent a lot of time holding baby Parker--he is a nice (but heavy) baby to hold!


I was glad Michelle could come for the blessing too!


Logan wasn't really into pictures that day.


Here's me and mom and Parker with my uncle Joel, aunt Katherine, and my cousins Dean and Hannah. They live in Mesa and I hadn't seen them in a really long time!


My little family! We are so happy to have these two boys!


And here we are with Jordan's parents. So glad they could come!


Jordan gave Parker a beautiful blessing. During the blessing, he talked about how Parker was such an answer to prayers. I keep thinking about how last year, right now, we were so upset and kind of in a crisis of faith. When I'd gotten pregnant last summer, Jordan and I had felt that it was such an answer to a prayer. We pretty much knew that I was going to get pregnant, and I did. And then we were so very confused when I miscarried that baby. We both felt lost and didn't understand why that had happened. I still don't understand why it had to happen that way, but we were amazed when I got pregnant with Parker only two months after miscarrying that second pregnancy and it helped repair the hurt we had experienced.

Jordan, his dad Mike, my dad Gray, my uncle Joel, great-uncle Dennis, and our friend Steve all helped bless Parker. It was a small circle but it was full of a lot of love!

Parker is such a happy baby and we are so blessed to have both him and Logan in our family. I am just trying to soak up this baby-ness because I know it's not going to last long. He is already getting to be so big!

1 comment:

RyRy said...

So grateful you received your answered prayer! :) <3