Friday, September 16, 2016

Parker is Two Months Old!

 About a week ago, our little man turned two months old! He's getting to be so big! He's such a happy guy and bring a lot of joy to our family. He smiles all the time, but I took these pictures in the afternoon when smiles are harder to get! Next time we'll have to do our photo shoot in the morning.


Parker had his two month well check and everything looks great. He weighs 15lbs 4 oz and is 25 1/4 inches tall. Such a big boy! He's over the 95th percentile for height and weight. He is about out of his 0-3 and 3 month clothes and getting ready to move to 3-6 month and 6 month clothes. He's in size 1 diapers in Kirkland brand and size 2 in Pampers.


Parker loves to have his diaper changed, which is a huge change from Logan, who always hated it. It's really nice to have a baby smiling while I change his diaper instead of screaming at me. However, he also gets upset if he's dirty, which Logan never did, so I change his diaper a lot more often!


He also still loves his baths, and he likes car rides a lot more since we got our van. I have no idea why that would affect it. Maybe he's just getting older, but he's crying a lot less, which is really great!


Parker is still not a great sleeper. It's very frustrating, his sleep pattern hasn't changed since he was born. So he's still sleeping about 4 hours, then another 3 hours, then another 3 hours. He had one night where he slept six hours, but that was a one time thing. I can't wait until he has his own room (he's still sleeping in our room). One month and counting!


Parker loves his big brother so much. Every morning when Parker wakes up (around 7:30, Logan is always up by 6) Logan runs into the room and says, "Yay, Parker's awake! Aww, he's so cute!" And then he wants Parker to lay next to him on his bed. And Parker smiles and he so happy and Logan hugs him and it's all very cute. I think they will be great friends!



Parker has learned to suck on his hand and thumb this month. It helps soothe him when he's upset (I was hoping this would help him sleep better, but so far is hasn't). It is really cute though, and I do think it helps him in the car.


We do a lot of tummy time because I'm paranoid about Parker having a flat head. He spends about 10-15 minutes on his tummy every awake period, and he also practices rolling front to back.


Parker still sticks his tongue out constantly. He is really good at tongue tricks!


Parker eats about 4 oz every 3 hours or so. He is awake for about an hour and a half and then will take an hour to two hour nap after that. He usually naps in his crib unless Logan is in his room, and then he naps in the pack n play in my room. He also ends up taking a lot of naps in the car because we have to go places like preschool.


He has started scooting around his crib while he's sleeping and so he's always facing a different direction than how I laid him down.


 We love our sweet boy and his happy personality! He is the most content baby, which is so nice! We all just adore him and his sweet ways. Happy two months, little Parker!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Ohhh he is the sweetest tiny boy I know!!! Can't wait to see him next week!!!