I'm trying to get my thoughts in order, because so much went on this week! Here are some of my rambling musings about recent happenings:
1. Birthdays! We celebrated Laurie's (Jordan's mom) birthday as well as Emily's (my sister-in-law) birthdays! It was really fun. We went to Zupas and I had lobster bisque (it's just soup, but doesn't it sound cool?). It was great to see everyone (especially little baby Aida...it's always so fun to hold little babies!) and the food was delicious!
2. Interviews: Well, I had my first interviewing experiences this past week. The first one was horrendous. I had to take all these writing/editing/computer/everything under the sun tests (no, really, there were 6 of them) and since the last one was impossible I didn't even get my interview. It's okay though, because when I walked into the building I realized I didn't want to work there anyway. It was really run-down, and I'd rather be at LDS Living. My second interview was a contract editing position that I mentioned in my last post, and that one went a lot better (no tests! Yay!) except that it was really short. Who knows what that means...I will find out at the end of the week.
3. Fun stuff! Well, this weekend we got to go up to Salt Lake City because Jordan did a presentation in Draper and my interview was up in Murray. We got to hang out with our niece Hailey for a while, playing with Playdoh and reading books, and then we went to Leatherby's with our good friend AJ and his girlfriend, Anne. It was great, except that my ice cream was so huge that I only ate like a third of it.
After that, Jordan and I went to an activity at BYU called "Larger then Life" where we played games like Yahtzee, Connect Four, and Hungry Hungry Hippos--and we were the game pieces! The "Hippos" game was amazingly fun, and our team won Yahtzee so we got gift certificates to Yoasis! Yippee!
Continuing on, we went to Marley and Me with Jordan's cousin Chip and his wife, Elysia. It was so, so cute and it made me really want a puppy (although a non-destructive puppy). I was really happy that a movie was made about a couple that actually stays together. Wow! Married people in movies who actually love each other and are willing to sacrifice for each other...novel concept.
4. Church Callings: Jordan and I gave our second "Marriage and Family Relations" lesson yesterday. Go figure, it was about having kids. We had to talk about a lot of experiences that came from our families since we don't have any kids yet, and we talked a lot about our darling nieces and the cute things they do. Our class is really good about participating, so that helps a lot. Teaching is getting easier and it isn't nearly as miserable as I thought it would be. :)
5. The Uncertain Future: Okay, so this didn't really happen this week, it's just kind of an ongoing topic in our lives. It's driving me crazy not knowing where we will be come September! I know this is just a part of life, but I like having things planned.
Currently, Jordan is thinking of going into business with his brother Jamie, which would mean we would be in Utah for a while. We've started looking around at apartments (very casually--after all, it is six months away!) and I'm adament about finding one that allows pets. I can't wait to move out of the basement! If we end up staying in Utah, my dad will bring Scout up here at the end of August (along with my brother, but he's not nearly as cool) and I will hopefully half lease him to help pay the board. I'm so glad that Jordan understands how important Scout is to me--he really wants me to have him here with us, which is so sweet.
Of course, I'm still hoping and praying that the most perfect San Fransisco real estate job will magically open up in September, and Jordan will qualify. Utah is great and I love the friends and family I have here, but I miss my family and beautiful California. But I guess we'll see what happens!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Jamie!
I miss you! I love reading your posts-they make me smile! I love to hear the little updates of your life-it's exciting. Keep me posted on how the job situation goes.I'm glad things are going well-it's wonderful to hear!
all my love,
Ry
1. Yay for Zupas!!!
2. Let us know how the second one goes...
3. It's in the dollar theater now, right? Totally gonna go see it!
4. I'd like to go to one of your classes! I think that'd be fun - except for the fact that it may be really awkward since I'm NOT married...! =P Oh well...
5. So Ry and I decided it would be so much fun if we were all here when Linda gets back and we'd do a TRUE #55 get together! So I'm a fan of you staying!!! =D But, of course, go where the Lord wants you and Jordan to go!
Loved hearing the updates! I'm excited to read more as they come! =D
XOXO,
meags
Post a Comment