Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wild Thing

This week we were finally able to go to the Hogle Zoo with our cute little nieces! We've been planning on taking them ever since October, but things kept happening, like snow, rain, sickness, and everything else! But it finally worked out and we were able to spend the beautiful Saturday with almost all of Jordan's family. That zoo is so nice! Much nicer than the Sacramento Zoo. The penguins were so darling...you could watch them swim around and chase each other. I love penguins! The giraffes were great, too. This one (see picture below) stuck his head out of his house for a picture. Giraffes are so weird, but they are my favorite zoo animal!
All the nieces had such a great time. Little Molly brought her baby doll stroller along and zoom-zoomed all over the place. She would run at full speed and then fall over, and then hop up and keep running. It kept her parents busy but the rest of us were pretty amused.
I am so happy that the sun is shining! I got to wear flip flops for the first time this year, and it was wonderful. I'm always happier when it is spring and summer. Every time we leave our apartment and walk out into the sun, I throw my hands up into the air and say "I love the sun!" Jordan and I spent almost all week outside. We went on several walks and I studied outside and we had a picnic. It is so great. I even got a little bit of a sunburn from the zoo! YES!
Jordan and I are heading down to St. George this weekend to celebrate our six months of marriage! BYU doesn't have a spring break, so we're skipping two days of school and making our own. I've never been to St. George, and I've also never been to Las Vegas, so we're taking a side trip. I've been working like crazy on all my homework so that I will be ready when we leave Wednesday afternoon. I'm so excited! Look forward to the blog post about our wonderful adventures down south!

1 comment:

RyRy said...

your nieces are adorable! AND your hair is SO blonde! It looks cute.

Have fun on your spring break- I'm jealous. :)