Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mom and Dobbin Take a Field Trip

So, my mom doesn't have her own blog, so I need to document this for her. Not many of you know Dobbin, but he used to be this really big sissy. He hated going anywhere new, and he would freak out if he went near a trash can, or bright flowers, or anything else "scary." He's so huge that this made him a tiny bit dangerous. Not scary dangerous, but you certainly didn't trust him all the way.

Anyway, Mom's been working with him doing Parelli Natural Horsemanship, and it's made such a huge difference in his attitude and his relationship with my mom. It's been great! She took him to this "Parelli Playground" yesterday all by herself! Great job, Mom!

Here she is saying, "I did it!" (She'd never trailered by herself before).



Dobbin takes a giant leap (okay, it's pretty small for him) over a hay bale!





Going over a big tire. I think he's ready for the circus!




Up and over the see saw




What a handsome boy!



You rock, Mom! I'm super excited to take Scout over to the Parelli Playground when I go home for Thanksgiving. We don't know Parelli, but we are going to chase some cows and jump over some hay bales! Heck yes.

5 comments:

RyRy said...

Yay Mom!

Charlie said...

Are y'all going to come see us this trip?

Marcie said...

I love your blog!

Laurie said...

That was fun to see your mom and Dobbin. I agree, I think he is ready for Ringling Brothers circus, he reminds me of the horses we saw there!!!

Anonymous said...

ah. so jealous. someday emily....someday...a girl can dream, right?