Monday, October 11, 2010

Dem bones dem bones dem...chocolate bones

There are so many amazing cupcake opportunities for Halloween, so it was really hard to pick just one! I may have to try another one later in the month, but I just thought this guy was so cute I had to give him a shot. He turned out to be really easy, too. I'd say that other than making the actual cupcakes, he only took about a half hour.

First I melted some white chocolate and then used it to outline the template in the book.


He got to sit in the fridge for a couple days while I came across an excuse to make the cupcakes.

I'd found Halloween funfetti cupcakes back in September for a dollar and I snatched them up, knowing they'd get more expensive as Halloween got closer. I was right--today I saw them in WalMart for two dollars. Anyway, they were cute.


I frosted them with chocolate frosting and then rolled them in crushed up oreo dirt that Jordan was kind enough to make for me. Then I got to put this guy all together! I thought the orange tissue paper was a nice touch :)


And here I am with my skeleton friend! Happy Halloween everybody!

4 comments:

Tatia said...

Darling cupcakes! You are amazing!

Laurie said...

Those turned out so cute! I wish I was closer to try one of them, chocolate frosting with crushed oreos and a chocolate skeleton sounds so good!

Simon Says said...

So dang cute! I love your cupcakes! LYLani

RyRy said...

Good to see you're baking again!