Sunday, October 31, 2010

I love Halloween!


There is something about Halloween that makes me all happy inside. For some reason, even though I am terrified of every little sound that goes bump in the night, this holiday of goblins and ghouls is my second favorite holiday. Perhaps it is because I have an excuse to dress up as someone else. Maybe it's the candy. Or perhaps it's the opportunity to laugh at the things I usually find scary--ghosts, haunted houses, bats, and the like.

Whatever the reason, we always make it fun!

Jordan and I spent Saturday carving out our pumpkins. Jack o' Lanterns go bad really fast in the humidity, so we put it off until yesterday. Jordan's turned out super creepy and awesome:


I thought mine turned out okay too!


At about 3:00 on Saturday, I dressed up in my Tinkerbell costume that my Grandma Huber made me a few years ago, and I convinced Lexi to put on her Peter Pan hat and collar. Jordan indulged me in a photo shoot even though he hated that I dressed Lexi up.




Jordan dressed up as Tim McGraw. I wanted him to be Capt'n Hook, but I couldn't find a costume for him! But I thought he looked really handsome anyway.



We wrapped up and then headed over to a party of a couple in the ward. I found these darling bats online and we all made them. They were super easy. I'm going to keep the wings and ears for a bat for next year.


My bat is very aware.


Jordan's bat is angry.


Then we went out Trick or Treating with the other couples' kids. People Trick or Treat on Saturday here instead of Sunday 'cause they've all got religion.

Today was actual Halloween. I decided to throw a Halloween themed dinner for Jordan and I. Here's the table all decorated.


I made bone-shaped breadsticks. Yum!

And I cooked our dinner in an actual pumpkin. That's right.


I don't know if you can tell, but those are skull-shaped ice cubes in our apple cider.


Once again an awesome Halloween! And now we head into the serious holdiay season! And the release of the seventh Harry Potter movie, which is almost as important. Hip hip hooray!

4 comments:

Laurie said...

You win the prize for the best Halloween dinner ever!!! Those breadsticks are darling, and your pumpkin dinner looked great! What an adorable wife you are. The bats were super cute. I loved the pictures of your little family in their costumes. What a fun time you had, thanks so much for sharing it with those of us SO FAR AWAY!!!

Marcie said...

This is the cutest blog ever! I love the pictures of your costumes! And the Jack-o-lanterns are amazing. And those bread-stick-bones!!! Whoa! You have so much pizzazz! Love you!

Meags said...

how fun and festive! happy halloween!!! =D

RyRy said...

I remember that costume and how your gma helped me make my fairy/butterfly wings! Good times...

Very cute James.