Tuesday, January 3, 2012

California Christmas 2011

Whenever I get back from California you all have to suffer through a long post of pictures. Sorry. I tried to keep only a couple pictures from each thing, but it was a 2 week trip. So bear with me.

Number one most awesome thing about the trip was that we finally got family pictures taken! We get them done every 3 or 4 years. I've been bothering Mom about it for a year or so, and we finally did it. I think they turned out really well. Here's one, I'll do another post later.


The first couple days Mom and I just did a bunch of shopping and rode Dobbin. Jordan got there the night before Christmas Eve. We had a pretty relaxed Christmas Eve--all the girls got matching pjs and Brett and Jordan got some new ones too.



Brett and I had gone to Dollar Tree earlier in the week and gotten Santa hats together.

The girls.



Christmas morning we woke up early to open presents. Mostly it was a money year but Jordan and I each got a Wii game and some DVDs. Oh and I got a really cute pair of shoes. Jordan surprised me with a pair of Les Mis tickets! That will be great.

I found an awesome dress a couple days before I came to California and I was so excited to wear it Christmas Sunday. This wasn't a great picture of it but oh well. I love the ruffles.

Here's the flower ruffle on the waist.

Lexi got Rusty an ENORMOUS ball for his enormous mouth. Dad is always going on and on about how dogs can die from swallowing tennis balls so I saw it and had to get it. Dad thought it was great.


We also got him a bandana that says, "Obedience School Dropout." Fun fact: Rusty actually did fail obedience school.

A couple days after Christmas we all went to the ocean for some fishing and fun. When we got there we went sandcrabbing.


Here's Michelle with a crab she caught. We used it for fish bait the next day.



Gorgeous sunset.


I love this picture that Jordan took of me fishing. Even though I didn't catch anything. I almost fell in the ocean and I got completely drenched by a big wave.


There were a bunch of sea lions really close to us but it was hard to take a good picture!


Here's Jordan and my dad fishing. The ocean was really rough that day.



Here's a really weird rock fish my dad caught. Check out it's enormous mouth!


The day after we got back from the ocean I got to go ride my Scouty boy. He is the sweetest horse in the whole world! I was so sore when I was done riding though. I miss my horse so much.


Jordan helped Dad out by digging a ditch with the tractor.



On New Year's Eve we made a bunch of food. I made fondue with the fondue pot Michelle got for Christmas. It was really easy and quite yummy.



We played Minute to Win it games and had a great time! Jordan was asleep by midnight though.


We also celebrated Matt's 21st birthday because his birthday is January 8th and he was going back to BYU.



I made him a yummy chocolate cake!


My family is such a fantastic blessing to me. I love them so much and miss them all the time. I can't wait to see them when they come out to Georgia in June! Yay!

3 comments:

Laurie said...

What a great trip! I loved all the pictures!!!

Marcie said...

I love this blog! What a wonderful time we had. Poor Rusty, his obedience school failure on line for all to see. :) We miss you and Jordan every day! Love you!

Robynn said...

I LOVED sharing your Christmas with you. You are a great blogger and I love taking a peak at your life often. SLY Auntie Rob