Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Late Christmas Gift

The day after Jordan and I got home from California, he went to work and I had the day off. Jordan told me that a late Christmas present would arrive between 3 and 4 so I wasn't allowed to leave between those times.

I was feeling so lazy from the jet lag that I basically stayed in bed ALL DAY although I did get dressed. I was hoping that the surprise would be a new puppy, or maybe Scout would show up at my door, or something. The surprise wasn't quite as life changing as all that but it was still awesome.


It was a new bedroom set! Yay! Jordan and I have been looking at bedroom furniature for a while. Like a year. Dreaming of the day when we would be able to put our clothes in drawers instead of piled in stacks on the floor and in suitcases. Yes, I've lived out of a suitcase since we've been in this house.


Both sets of parents are nice enough to help us with a big purchase for Christmas, so this is what we put our money toward this year.


I know the room is really blah right now, but I promise to decorate. I ordered a new comforter set for the bed because the one that's on there is not my fave. I tried to take it back after I bought it and they told me I couldn't because I didn't have Jordan's credit card (he had bought it) and he was out of town and couldn't return it before the grace period ended. I'll take new pictures when it arrives. Also I'm going to repaint the lamps and recover the shades, get curtains, and hang stuff on the walls. You know, actually make it look like we live in that room.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I LOVE it! It is such a beautiful bedroom set, I can't wait to see it with the new bedding.

Kelsey said...

It's beautiful. What a great gift!