Sunday, August 3, 2014

Logan's Race Car Birthday Party

Yesterday we FINALLY had Logan's birthday party (on his 13-month-birthday!). It was so fun, but it was so much work! I really felt like I was part of a pit crew!


I couldn't have done it without my mom's help. She was super awesome! I should have made her a shirt too. She was definitely part of the pit crew.



Be prepared for a ton of pictures. This party was epic. 

Here's the front yard set up. We had racing flags lining the walkway. They were really cute flapping in the wind!




Jordan decorated the back porch with streamers. He spent a ton of time on it, and it looked great!




One of my favorite things that I did was to hang all pictures from Logan's monthly photo shoots. It turned out really cute. 


Here's the food table. We had race car themed foods along with hot dogs for lunch. 








We also had a refreshment table with lemonade and water.



Of course I have to show off the shirts I made. I do sell birthday shirts and I can do any theme, so come find me on Facebook or Etsy. My shop is called Sew Surprising: Creations by Jamie.

I made both a regular birthday shirt and a smash cake onesie for Logan. I loved that because then he could just back into his shirt afterwards! So easy!


I also did party shirts for Jordan and I and I loved how they turned out! So fun!





I had this poster made on Etsy (Modern Star Prints) and I loved it. So fun to have all of his favorite things printed out!



We also had a few games for the nieces to play. I covered cans with paper so they could knock them down with race car bean bags that I also made. 




Jordan's dad made this awesome hot wheels race track out of a cardboard box for the kiddies to play with.




We also borrowed some tires from Jordan's uncle Jeff so the girls could toss the bean bags in them. 





Of course the star of any of my parties is the cake! I made the race cars out of marshmallow fondant. The road was done out of pre-made fondant I bought from the store. I knew I couldn't get my fondant black enough if I did it myself. The cake probably took about six hours to make. It was quite the project, but I love how it turned out. 


I also made a smash cake for Logan.



I think everyone enjoyed hanging out and visiting and playing together! We had a lot of guests! Here's the list: My mom, Michelle, Jennifer, Kerri, Amy, Noah, Alyssa, Laurie, Mike, Josh, Merijane, Katie, Libbie, Gabbie, Jamie, Molly, Abbie, Hailey, Aida, Sophie, Lani, Gramps, Grandpa Cline, Grandma Cline, Matt Hurst (Matt Gallacher was sick and couldn't come) and Matt's brother. We sure missed those who couldn't make it, and we especially missed Jordan's Grandma Birks.



Here's Logan enjoying some yummy watermelon.


Laurie and Sophie hanging out. Krista couldn't come because they were packing up their house. 



Logan didn't really know how to open his presents, but he got a lot of help from his 8 cousins that were there!


Great-grandma Huber gave him a super cute football outfit and he got lots of other fun presents too!



Here's Logan with Grammy and Opi!


We did a costume change and started the smash cake! At first Logan was just kind of licking the frosting and petting the cake, but then he got more into it.


Logan with the three middle cousins.





Here's a video of Logan really getting into his cake!


We had to hose the poor kid off after the cake smash. He wasn't thrilled about it but at least he got really clean!



And then it was time for everyone else to enjoy the big cake. It always makes me so sad to cut into my cakes, so I had to take one last picture.


Merijane was awesome to help me serve up the cake and ice cream.


I think everyone enjoyed the yummy red velvet cake, and Lexi even got to have a little piece as well!


It was such a fun party and everything turned out just how I'd hoped! Thanks everyone for coming and making the party a success!



3 comments:

Laurie said...

That was the funnest 1 year old birthday party EVER! I loved all the pictures. Thanks for all your hard work, Hailey asked Krista if you could do her next party.

Linda and Tyrel said...

The party does look epic- so beautiful!! Happy Birthday to Logan!

Meags said...

So fun!!! How creative--everything turned out so well. Happy Birthday Logan!