Friday, October 10, 2014

Surprise Trip to California!

On Saturday night I was missing my mom! I was bummed that we were so "close" to my family and yet hadn't had time to drive out to see them yet. I knew Jordan had a crazy week ahead (a midterm and 3 interviews, one in Philadelphia) so I started considering driving out by myself. It would be a little crazy with Logan but I was pretty sure I could do it. But then I remembered about the really cheap airline that flew from Provo to Oakland and I thought maybe I could just fly out that way! Jordan was a little sad to see me go, but he knew he wouldn't really be around anyway so I booked a flight for Monday morning. I conspired with my dad and we agreed to keep it a secret from everyone and he would pick me up.

Here's Logan with my suitcase in the tiny Provo airport. It was even smaller than the Albany airport!


We got a window seat on the plane, which was fun. Logan loved looking out. He was pretty good except for the last 10 minutes or so. Then he was ready to get OFF. I'm so grateful that it doesn't take 8+ hours to get to California any more!


We got to Oakland and my dad was there to pick us up. Mom was at work so Logan and I just hung out until she got home and we could SURPRISE her! Boy was she surprised. She cried and everything. She was so happy to see Logan. Me too, but mostly Logan.

I was lame and didn't take any pictures.

On Tuesday Logan and I took Brett around to get applications for jobs. Brett needed some moral support. After we did that we went to this park that I loved when I was little. Logan seemed to really like it too!




On Wednesday Mom had the day off so we could take Brett to see if he could get his eyeballs lasered. We went up to Citrus Heights. Logan drove. Ha ha, just kidding. He was wrecking everything in the doctors office so we hung out in the car and then went to PetCo when we got too hot (it is REALLY hot here right now!).


At my parents' house, Logan is loving playing with the tractor. He will take my hand and pull me to it and when I put him up there he doesn't want to get off. Grandpa took him on a ride last night and he was SO thrilled.




Logan loves being outside and Grandpa and Grandma's house has a lot of outside to play in! He loves to go see the horses, try to pet the cats, and play in Grandpa's dirt piles.


Here's Grandpa and Logan watching the BYU game last night (sad, we lost!). I haven't taken any pictures of my mom and Logan yet. I'll have to take some later today.


I'm just relaxing and taking naps and reading books, along with cleaning the house and helping with dinner, but it's pretty low key around here. Oh and I'm trying to help Brett find a job. We'll be here until Monday morning so I'm sure another blog post is to follow :)

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I am so glad you got to spend time with your family!!! Families are the best and I'm also so glad you are part of ours!!!!

Unknown said...

That was the best surprise ever! I'm really glad that you didn't get any pictures of me crying! How we love YOU and Logan! We love JORDAN bunches too and are excited to see him at Thanksgiving!