Sunday, October 5, 2014

Much Needed Family Time!

This weekend has been a GREAT one. Sadly, though, I didn't take many pictures. Since Jordan was out of town for our 6 year anniversary last weekend, Laurie was nice enough to take Logan for a sleepover Friday night so Jordan and I could go out for our anniversary. I've been needing some fun alone time with Jordan badly. I think our last date was probably three or four months ago. We've had some time without Logan since then but we were moving (STRESSFUL), doing the craft show (STRESSFUL), or going to the temple (great thing to do, but not really "fun"). Anyway, I thought we were going to the BYU game, but Jordan changed plans and surprised me at the last minute. We went to Magleby's (I got the blackened chicken and it was amazing!) and then we went to a free Neon Trees concert in Provo.

Saturday we got to sleep in until 7:30 (woot woot)! and then I worked. I got a huge order for 11 Disney Christmas shirts so I had to get that done while I was Logan-free! In between sessions of conference (I was watching conference while working), Jordan and I returned some stuff to Walmart and then we got lunch at Jimmy Johns. I'd traded the owner of the Springville franchise a couple ninja turtle masks for combos at the craft fair. Totally worth it! After the second session we headed up to get Logan. Jordan went to priesthood session with his dad and grandpa, and Laurie and I went to Krista's house to hang out.

This morning we got up at 6:30 and I cleaned a bit before conference. We realized that we were out of yeast so we couldn't make our traditional cinnamon rolls, but we did have Rhodes so I looked for an easy recipe and found this one. It was amazing! You should all make it. Super easy and super yummy. Next time I'm going to add nuts.

After the morning session, I suggested we go for a walk up in the canyon. We're only about ten minutes away. It's so pretty up there right now with the changing fall colors! We didn't get to see the fall colors in Georgia. 


And I finally took some pictures. YAY!



This is pretty much all day, every day.




I bought these overalls about four years ago. I loved them because of the horse in the pocket. It's attached by a little string. But Logan was pretty upset he couldn't play with the horse very well!




It was so nice to spend some relaxing time as a family this weekend. We really needed that. This past week our electicity went out and we were power-less for three days! We were able to stay with my grandparents for two of the days, but it was still stressful and got me way behind on work.  Jordan has been so busy, and I've been so busy, and this week is going to be crazy. Jordan's got interviews for GM, Intel, and VanGuard (they're even flying him out to Philadelphia this weekend!). Anyway, life is nuts, but I was very grateful for this family-centered weekend! I love my little family!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had fun as a couple and fun family time too! Laurie and Mike are such wonderful grandparents! The fall colors are beautiful! We love you!