Monday, February 2, 2015

Logan is 19 Months Old!

Well, life around here is going along as usual. I just thought I'd update on Logan and his new (or semi-new) accomplishments. He's 19 months old today! I've added some random pictures to the post. He pretty much refuses to smile for the camera, so even though he smiles a lot, pictures of him smiling are rare (just in case you were wondering where his smiles are!)



In the last couple days he has started to nod his head to say "yes." After months of listening to "no, no no, NO" I'm extremely excited about this new development.


He's learning a new word every few days it seems like. His most recent one is "Frisbee" which sounds like "ibby." It's very cute. Here's the list of his words: No, Hi, Mama, Mom, Dada, Lexi (heh-y), doggy, frisbee, turtle, train, plane, uh-uh, uh-oh, wow, whoa, cheese, please, grandma (ga-ma), and I'm sure a few others. He doesn't have a ton of words yet but the list is growing.



He is still obsessed with cars. He loves to sit on the front porch and watch them and is always impressed when a buss or loud truck rolls by.



He's starting to really enjoy blocks, especially when he gets to play with them in the bathtub.



Lexi is his number one best friend. When he wakes up in the morning or from his nap all he wants to do is hug her. She is (mostly) accepting of this.



We've realized in the last couple of days that he's decided that little kid silverware is beneath him. He will no longer eat with plastic forks. Unless he has a big boy fork, that chicken isn't getting anywhere near his mouth.



He now takes one nap. Well, he's only been taking one nap for a few months now. I had been putting him down at 1 or 1:30 and getting about an hour or hour and a half nap from him but then church switched to 1:00. I was really worried about this as far as his nap, but Jordan and I decided to put him down at 11:00 on Sundays and then he slept for two hours. Um, what? Unheard of! After this happened two Sundays in a row we figured out he needed an earlier nap, I started putting him down at noon every day, and now he naps are (usually) about 2 hours and sometimes even 2 1/2 hours. That is a miracle for this mama.


Logan is in NURSERY now! He's gone three weeks now. He cried a little bit at first but he mostly enjoys it. Every time I peek in the little peep hole at church he is just playing right along with the other kids or having his snack at the table. I can't believe he's so grown up!


I'm so grateful for this little man who made me a mama! He has the best smiles and hugs and knows how to warm my heart!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I LOVE that little boy and all your fun pictures!

Unknown said...

How I love this little man who made me a grandma! Your blog posts warm my heart!