Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter 2015

This past weekend was general conference AND Easter, so it was pretty awesome, but we didn't have church, so last Sunday we'd dressed up in our Easter clothes and went to a park so we could take some pictures. We got a few nice ones, so I was happy about that! I was sad that there was no one to take a picture of all of us, though :(

I think this is my favorite picture of Logan EVER. Seriously. It is so perfect.


He is such a daddy's boy. I love the fun that they have together!



My photography skills have improved so much since I took that class by FotoFly. It is crazy the difference when you know (kind of) how to use a DSLR camera! I'm still not amazing but I'm loving the improvement in the pictures I take. 


He looks so suave in this one!




On Saturday before Easter, Logan had a cold so he took a nap early, which was nice because I actually got to watch the morning session of conference! I loved that a lots of the talks focused on having a testimony even when you aren't constantly feeling spiritually energized, which is a common feeling for me lately (I'm betting it's pretty common for a lot of young mothers!) After conference was over I put together toddler resurrection eggs so I could have an Easter lesson the next day. I'm not sure how much Logan really understood, but at least I gave it a shot. He liked opening the eggs, anyway.



Jordan's parents came down before priesthood session and had dinner with us. It was really nice. Laurie brought Logan a special Easter book and also dyed eggs with us while Jordan and his dad went to conference. We were so glad they came down! We don't get many family visitors. 


We had Logan put out his basket Saturday night and I had fun filling it up with loot. I probably went a little crazy, but the book and plane toys were free. So at least there's that...He hardly got any chocolate (just that one chocolate bunny) because he is an absolute sugar-a-holic. I'll have to do a post on that craziness some other time.


Logan was super excited to see that he had planes to play with in the morning!


Logan still had a cold and we didn't want to expose him to baby Jack, so I made Easter dinner for us and Matt. I had bought the world's tinniest ham at Walmart the day before just in case we wouldn't be able to go up for dinner. 


Matt came over to watch the afternoon conference session with us. We were glad to have him! Logan really likes him and tries to say Matt, but he doesn't pronounce the "t." He liked playing ball with Matt and also putting "hats" on his head (bean bags).


We had a yummy dinner of ham, funeral potatoes, rolls, jello salad, deviled eggs, and zucchini, with chocolate satin pie for dessert.


I'm so grateful for the knowledge that Christ lived and died for us. I'm so glad we have the atonement so we can live with Him and Heavenly Father again, and that I can be forgiven of my sins (and we all can be!). What an amazing sacrifice He made for us. As fun as it is to hide the eggs, set out our baskets, and have an Easter feast, I do try to think of Christ throughout Easter (and always!) and be grateful for all the many things He has done for me. I have an unbelievably blessed life, and I know there are things I need to be doing to make it better and more Christ-centered. I'm really going to try to grow this year in those ways that have been shown to me this weekend. How blessed we all are that He lives, and that we know it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post. We are so blessed with knowledge of the Savior's atonement in this life. I love you!

RyRy said...

What a cute family you have! Love the pics.

<3