Tuesday, July 21, 2015

28 Things to be Grateful for on My 28th Birthday

Yesterday I turned 28. It was not my best birthday. When people told me happy birthday, I honestly wanted to laugh. This has been a hard summer--there have been a lot of hard things happening and my birthday just happened to fall on an extremely bad day at work for Jordan (like, it started out that we knew it would be bad, and then it just got worse from there). Plus he was gone until 9:30 at night. However, I tried to make the best of it anyway. I am blessed to have friends in the area--Laura invited Logan and I to go to a petting zoo with her and then she took me out to lunch afterwards. Logan and I were able to swim in the pool since we had nice weather. I picked up dinner for myself at Panera Bread, and I didn't clean anything all day.

However, to keep me from dwelling too much on the negative, I decided to make a list of 28 things I'm grateful for. I have so much in my life, even with these hard things, that I am incredibly blessed. Some of these are huge blessings, and some are small, but I'm happy to have all of them.

1. Jordan and what an amazing husband and hard worker he is.
2. Logan--the cutest, funniest, sweetest little boy ever
3. My family
4. My in-laws
5. My eternal marriage
6. Lexi--the world's best dog
7. All the skills I've learned in the past few years (cooking, cake decorating, sewing, home decor, embroidery)
8. That I've learned to be a good mom
9. Smart phones that keep me connected to the people that I love
10. Good friends that continue to be awesome through the years, even though far away
11. My grandparents
12. That we own TWO cars (after only having one car this summer, I'm incredibly grateful that we do have two cars)
13. The gospel and the Atonement
14. Sunshine
15. Cupcakes
16. My health and the health of my family
17. I have a house waiting for me in Utah and I don't have to move when I get home like a lot of other MBA families
18. The MBASA program
19. Jordan's (many) scholarships
20. All the comforts that we enjoy--electricity, warm baths, hot food, air conditioning, comfy beds
21. 3 weeks from today we'll be back home.
22. That I've been able to see so many different places in my 28 years
23. Toy cars that entertain my son
24. That I could help provide finiancially for my family this past year, through my business and through selling Scout
25. Adorable plaid little boy shorts that make me smile
26. Good books to read
27. Friends on Netflix and having HGTV for the summer
28. That tomorrow is a new day.

3 comments:

Robynn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Cute Birthday Girl! I LOVED you counting your blessings. You are in our thoughts and our prayers. SLY Auntie Rob

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

You are an inspiration! So sorry things have been so hard. I'm praying for you. I'm very impressed with your sweet list! What a great idea!

RyRy said...

Great post Girly. Love you! Excited to see you in a few weeks!