Sunday, August 16, 2015

Logan's Farm Fun--2nd Birthday Party

Yesterday we finally got around to having Logan's birthday party (a month and a half after his birthday). We wanted to wait until we were home and could invite family, and it was a lot of fun that way!


I choose Logan's birthday theme in January this year and had been planning for a while, so I had lots of time to make cute things and plan fun things to do for the party. Plus I was really bored in Michigan, and I had my Cricut with me, so I was able to make a lot of the stuff out there. (Shockingly, I did not use my embroidery machine for ANYTHING!). My sister Michelle was visiting us this week and it was awesome to have her with me to help.

First of all, here's the food! We had Old MacDonald Mac n' Cheese (Laurie and Krista each brought a tray, which was awesome), Logan's Vegetable Garden, Farm Fresh Fruits (Merijane brought the watermelon, thanks!), Farmhand Pops (Michelle made them) and Chicken Feed (caramel chex mix). My grandma already had the cute bandana tablecloth from a family reunion we had, so she let me use it. So fun! Logan didn't eat anything but marshmallows and chex mix. Oh, my child!


I made all the food labels with my Cricut. My Cricut can write with pens...isn't that so awesome?



I made this centerpiece but did not get a great picture of it! It took me ages to make, so good thing I had a lot of free time in Michigan!


Here's the drink table. I was really worried the kids (Logan, mostly) would go crazy with the lemonade pitcher but they were good about it. 


I had these water bottle labels designed on Etsy and I love them! They didn't take very long to do. I will definitely be doing water bottles like this at all my parties.


Here's my birthday boy standing by his banner which was behind the eating tables. I made the banner and his shirt with my Cricut.


I should have taken a picture of all the tables, but I forgot. I had these cow print plastic tablecloths and each table (I had 3) had a little mason jar with forks in them.


The games were my favorite thing. I'm a big fan of just having games set out for the kids to play with that aren't organized games (you know, where you have to referee things or set them up). I'd been planning the games for ages.

When I saw this idea on Pinterest, I knew I had to do it. I knew Logan would just love playing with corn and his tractors, and it was a huge hit. We bought a big bag of corn chicken feed and put it in his water table. All the kids loved it! There were always a few of them at the tractor dig.




Here's Paige and Devon getting their tractor on.


Sophie doing some digging.


We also had horse roping with Logan's giant horse Toby (thanks Aunt Robynn!). We borrowed lassos from some neighbors, so that was a really easy game to put together. This game turned out to be pretty hard for the kids, but Jordan had a good time with it.


Here's Abbie taking a ride on Toby the horse. 


I had also seen this idea on Pinterest and it seemed really easy. Jordan had to drink 5 bottles of root beer (poor guy) so I could paint them to look like cows. The rings were just embroidery hoops that were wrapped in fabric.


Jamie testing out the ring toss with baby Oliver.


Lastly we had Stick Horse Barrel Racing, which is more rodeo than farm, but I wanted to do it so who cares. I had seen this adorable stick horse pattern on Pinterest and they looked super easy.


I made two of the horses smaller for the little kids to ride.


This game was super popular with the older kids. All of them had a lot of fun racing and timing each other's rides around the barrels. Here's Taylor taking the gray horse for a ride.


Hailey goes for the win!


Aida takes a turn.


Molly was super fast.


We also had a photo booth! I had lots of fun making props for the photo booth, and Jordan was awesome and went out and rented some straw bales for us to use, which made the photo booth very fun!


We made everyone take a picture before they ate so we'd have a picture of everyone (we had around 38 people at the party). It's so fun to have pictures!

Here are my Grandma and Grandpa Huber with Logan. So glad they could make it!


Mike and Laurie (Opi and Grammy)



Logan's 3 oldest cousins, Libbie, Molly, and Hailey


Me and Michelle


Logan with Aunt Lani and Grampa Birks


Chip and Elycia and their kids, Paige, Taylor, and Devon


Merijane and Josh, with Jack, Katie, Libbie, and Gabbie


Four generations of boys!


Jordan and his brothers, all with their sons


Krista and Matt, with their girls Sophie, Aida, and Hailey


Jamie and Emily with their kids Oliver, Abbie, Kelsi, and Molly.


Everyone hung out and ate for a while while the kids played games.




Logan really likes babies and was pretty fascinated by his new cousin Oliver.


Then it was time for presents! Yippee!


Logan got some really fun toys, like a Mater plushie, a bulldozer from the movie Planes, and a trailer for his cozy coupe.


Elycia had made him a darling car track for church.


He also got some cute jammies and pants and a darling pair of shoes. Thanks everyone!


Then it was finally time for cake! I did a bigger version of the cake I did for his actual birthday.


It took forever but turned out really cute, I thought! Michelle helped a lot with making the tractor smooth. The tractor and animals are made of fondant, everything else is buttercream.


Blowing out the candles!


I can't cut into my cakes; I always make someone else do it.



He pretty much just ate the frosting and was done. Ha ha, silly boy!


After that, it was pretty much time to clean up, and we were surprised when my brother Matt walked in. He was like, "I thought it started at 6!" Nope. Started at 4. Whoops.

We made him take a picture before he got cake. We missed Brett!


Fake smiles.


Logan thought Matt was awesome for playing elevator with him on the wall, even though it gave me a slight heart attack.



We hung out while Jordan put together Logan's trailer and when it was done, Logan had a lot of fun hauling daddy's shoes around.


He really wanted to watch the trailer, but it was hard to maneuver that way.


All in all, it was a fantastic party. Thanks to everyone who came, it was great to have so many people there to celebrate out little guy! We sure love him.


4 comments:

Laurie said...

I love that sweet little birthday boy! What a fun party, thanks for all your efforts, the kids had a blast!

Robynn said...

You are the hostess with the mostess! I LOVED seeing everything from Logan's darling 2nd Birthday! Thanks for sharing. Love, Auntie Rob

Kristi said...

You did a great job! Wish we could have been there!

Unknown said...

I love the pictures and wish I was there! What a wonderful party for a wonderful little boy!