We have been busy busy busy this month! I remember things being crazy at the beginning of last school year, too. So I was a little more prepared for it, but there's still just so many activities.
MBASA has started back up. I'm so grateful for MBASA--it makes it so much easier to have other women around who understand MBA life. I've been to several activities already this year including the opening social, committee meetings, board meetings, and a few play dates.
The first play date of the year was the Pirate and Princess Play date. It was pretty fun, even though Logan' didn't want to keep his pirate sash on. Arrrrgh!
He's been enjoying his cars, as always, and likes to put them in a row and pretend to count. He can only count to three, but that's still pretty good.
Logan and Daddy being cheeseballs.
Last weekend we had a finance dinner on Friday night and then an MBA tailgate Saturday night. I was way burned out socially after that but Logan had a great time, especially since they had a balloon guy who made him several swords.
On Sunday we were going up to Grammy and Opi's for dinner and made pumpkin cupcakes in the morning. Logan and Lexi always like to sample the batter.
Here's my handsome guy all ready for church!
The finished cupcakes--brown butter pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. They turned out amazing!
Logan had a great time at the family dinner with all the cousins and also loved reading a new book (about cars) with Opi!
And he just loves to hold cousin Oliver.
Krista and I got together Tuesday and she helped me make a darling apron and oven mitt for Logan. I'm giving it to him for Christmas!
On Wednesday MBASA went to a raspberry patch in Mapleton and we all picked raspberries. It was really fun. Logan enjoyed it for about ten minutes. The raspberries were SO DANG good. Mmmm. I might go get more next week.
There were deer next door, which was totally random.
Logan was really tired (he was sick the next day, so that explains it) and wanted me to carry him on my back. He is sooo heavy. I want a toddler carrier so bad! After we finished picking our raspberries, Heather and I went to Cafe Rio for lunch and it was delicious! I hadn't had Cafe Rio since before we went to Michigan, so I was super excited.
I made a pie with my raspberries and it is super super yummy. Mmmm.
I had missed my embroidery machine, and I wanted to get Logan's Halloween shirts done before October, so I spent his nap time over the next couple days appliquing his shirts.
I was really excited because I found these shirts in my stash and they were 2Ts. I knew I wouldn't be able to use them next year, but they were short sleeved so I was like hmmm...how can I make them long sleeved for fall? I found a tutorial about how to use an adult shirt to add sleeves and it was awesome! I'm excited it worked, plus I love this look, and I got the adult shirts for free. I will be adding black sleeves to the Frankenstein one.
PS I love this arrow fabric on the pumpkin. I'm pretty much obsessed with arrows at the moment.
Okay, had to add this in here. I found this comment on my Pinterest pin on Wednesday and Jordan and I just cracked up. So funny. I've never been called a discredit to the human race before.
Wednesday was Jordan's Grandpa Birks' birthday and the family tradition is to go to Burger King for his Birthday because that's where he loves to eat. We couldn't make it up to SLC so we went to our local Springville BK.
On Thursday Jordan was at a finance sleepover thing (they call it a retreat, but it's really a sleepover). I took care of sick Logan all day and when he was in bed I forced myself to finish The Count of Monte Cristo. It's like the longest book ever. I got more into it at the end but at the very end I'm like...what? Really? Also I hate the theme of "If your loved one dies, you should probably kill yourself." What the heck is that all about? Anyway. I finished it, I feel accomplished and literary, and now I need to get ready for book club.
Logan was feeling quite a bit better Friday morning, which was good. Playing with cars, per the norm.
I also decided I wanted to jazz up my cupcake carrier, so I played with my Cricut for a bit Friday afternoon, and then went jogging. I am really enjoying running these days. I don't like going with a stroller, so I mostly go if Jordan is home, but I feel so good afterwards!
On Friday night Matt came over and babysat Logan while we went on a double date with Heather and Robby. I really wish I could have been a fly on the wall to watch Matt babysit, as it was a first time thing. I think it went fine though. They ate pizza and watched the movie Cars and Logan was asleep when we got home, so it sounds like a success to me! We'll have to have him watch Logan again. It was so nice to go out!
Our date was really fun. We had dinner at El Gallo Giro and then went to Comedy Sportz. I love Comedy Sportz; I always laugh so hard my face hurts afterwards. And then we got yummy gelato afterwards. Definitely a success! We took this really great selfie of us all because everyone else was doing one. Haha!
It's been a fun few weeks but it will also be nice when we don't have something scheduled for every single day/night. Jordan has National Black next week, so that will be kind of nuts (pray that he does well!) and we're in the middle of recruiting season, so it will be awhile before it all calms down. But we're just going to enjoy the ride!























2 comments:
Keep enjoying the ride! I love hearing and seeing pictures of your adventures!
Your pinterest comment was HILARIOUS. I was seriously laughing so hard when I read that. hahahaha. Glad you're staying busy and having fun!
Post a Comment