Saturday, September 19, 2015

Springville Heritage Day

This morning I really wanted to go running! It was Jordan's turn to get up with Logan so I got to sleep until 7:30, but then Jordan wanted to go back to sleep (he was on a sleep deficit from staying up until four in the morning during his finance sleepover) so then he slept until 8:30...anyway, I finally got out the door at like 9:30. I ran up a hill today, so I was pretty proud that I'd pushed myself to do that.


When I got home this is what I found.


I saw on Facebook that Art City Donuts were going to be at Heritage Day today and I have been wanting them since we got back! And of course you should eat donuts after you go running. It just makes sense. So I got the boys going and in the car.





We were really excited to get our Boston Creme donuts as soon as we got there, and they did not disappoint! They were soooo good. Mmmm.



I was kind of expecting to leave after getting the donuts, but Heritage Day was a lot better than last year! I had a booth last year and it was so lame. There were no activities and hardly any people! This year it was great. They had tons of things to do! And most of it was free.

First, Logan made a button that he colored. You can see it in the picture below. And then he got to go shake some bells and sing and he got a whistle when he was done. They also had pinata making, painting, and weaving going on (we didn't do any of those things).


There was a line for free caricatures, and so Jordan was nice enough to stand in line while Logan and I walked around and got free popcorn, candy, and root beer. Finally it was our turn for the caricatures. It turned out more like a sketch, but still fun. I was surprised Logan sat for it.


We found the face painting booth but Logan was too nervous to have his face done so the girl put a plane on his arm instead. He wanted his daddy to hold him.


Playing his whistle by the splash pad.


They also had "boats" to color and if you put it in the river/splash pad and followed it down to the end you got a prize, which was a set of paints! Very fun.


Selfie!


We finished our outing by playing on the playground. Of course Logan wanted to climb the scariest, most dangerous part of the whole thing. Be careful, little guy!


It was an unexpectedly fun day! I love it when that happens!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such fun! I'm so glad you went! I think arm painting is much nicer than face painting! What a great Saturday!