Last night we had our MBASA closing social! I've been really sick (fever, aches, crazy sore throat, cough, etc that landed me in the ER last Sunday) and had to cancel pretty much every activity I had planned this weekend. But I was not going to miss the closing social! Pretty much every night I would say a little prayer that I would at least feel good enough to go to the social on Friday. And I still don't hardly have a voice, but at least I felt good enough to go!
As part of the MBASA board, I was asked to get to the Spring Haven lodge early to help set up. We set up several tables and enough chairs for about 120 women. Heidi, our Fellowship committee head, was in charge of decor and it turned out very cute! The daisies went along really well with our theme, Grow As You Connect.
By the time dinner came around I was absolutely starving! Dinner was soooo yummy. We had it catered by Cubby's, and I had the steak salad with mac n cheese and a bunch of strawberries. It was delicious! We also had a choice between cheesecake and chocolate cake for dessert (I had cheesecake, yum!).
After dinner, our darling president Ashley got up and talked about our year. She mentioned that we have about 203 members of MBASA. We have put on 188 activities this year, we average 24 activities a month, we have taken 77 meals to MBASA members (at least. I know it's more than that, but those are the official ones that MBASA has on record), and we've had 34 (I think that's what she said) babies born this year. WOW!
Then Heidi and Nicole did a super cute MBA version of the Family Feud game. It was really fun!
Our team's question was "What is your husband most likely to do in the MBA lounge?" We got all the questions right except for study. My table (all 2nd years) were pretty much under the impression that they never study in the lounge. We got the other answers correct though--Play Mario Kart, Eat, Ping Pong, and Foosball. Our team ended up WINNING. Woot woot!
Here's my table of girls for the dinner. It was a super fun table! I always get the best tables somehow! Starting at the left and going to the right there's Chanel, me, Ashley, Katelyn, Katelyn, Jillian, Lori, and Alyssa. I have been so amazingly blessed with such fun friends during the program. I can't imagine what our two MBA years would be without MBASA!
It was such a fun evening and I was so grateful that I got to go (even though I sounded ridiculous when I was talking). I'm glad I still have another month with these ladies!






1 comment:
What a wonderful organization! You have all been so supportive of each other and your husbands!
Post a Comment