Logan and Jordan got to spend a day together watching MONSTER TRUCKS! I am so glad they got to go. I think it's really important for EACH parent to spend lots of one on one time with each kid. I know I really appreciate all the time I got to spend with my dad as a kid, even if it was just a trip to Home Depot (we did a lot of those, usually accompanied by an icee).
Anyway, Logan and Jordan went with Opi and also Grampa Birks. So it was a fun guys day out! Logan has been pretty excited about monster trucks for a few months because of a video he watches on YouTube. He will sing a little Monster Truck song about how they jump over planes and sometimes their wheels will pop.
If you bought a kids ticket to the truck show, you got to go in early and meet the truck drivers and see the trucks up close.
Jordan kept sending me pictures and I was like...is Logan totally miserable? He wasn't smiling in any pictures. Jordan said that he was a little nervous near the trucks and was worried they would squish him. I can understand his worry!
They got to eat their sandwiches while waiting for the show to start. Logan came well prepared with his headphones and earplugs.
Logan had an extremely serious face during the entire thing, but Jordan said as soon as the monster trucks would stop moving he would start talking excitedly about everything.
During the intermission, they got to go down on the track and check out the cars and all the dirt.
Logan also made friends with the custodian and got to push around a broom.
After intermission, it was time for more car crushing and dirt jumping!
All the guys at the show.
Apparently afterwards Logan told Jordan, "Nice show. Too loud!" Now when we talk about monster trucks or play with his monster truck toys, Logan tells me, "It's loud! Cover your ears!"
While the boys were at their monster trucks, I was at Heather's baby shower. She's having her baby in a couple weeks and it was so fun to go to her shower! Everything was adorable. I should have taken pictures. And all the food was yummy too. I was glad I had a cute girlie thing to do while the boys were off being boys!
After the baby shower, I went back to Laurie's house and cut out some of the squares for Parker's baby quilt. The boys got back and then we had a yummy dinner. Such a fun day!








No comments:
Post a Comment