A month and a half ago, Jordan pointed out that his mom was turning 60 and that we should throw her a party. I agree, 60 is a pretty big deal and his mom is amazing so we started to work on the party! Jordan had the great idea to rent out the Banquet Room at Leatherby's Ice Creamery and I volunteered to do the decor (and I was sooo glad when Krista wanted to help too!).
Oh, did I mention that this party was a surprise? So about an hour before the party was supposed to start, on March 10, Krista and I got to Leatherby's and started moving tables around and putting up decorations.
I had spent a lot of time making the decorations in bright fun colors.
Krista got some amazing pictures from Mike, and they were so fun to look through! Krista made a cute "60" college of them.
I had made a bunch of pinwheels and had a few at each table.
I also made a poster and had everyone write things that they loved and admired about Laurie. There's lots to chose from!
We had a bunch of pink balloons everywhere, which the kids really enjoyed.
Our surprise didn't end up being super surprising, since Mike kind of had to tell her we were there to get Laurie to come over to Leatherby's (she'd filled up on ice cream at Sizzler), but it was still really fun!
I think we ended up having about 30 people there. We just invited family, but we have a lot of it!
Everyone ordered their own ice cream and it was all delicious!
All the kids had a great time playing with the chairs and balloons when they were done with their ice cream. Logan pushed two chairs together and pretended it was a bed (it was kind of late when we were done). He kept asking me to read a story to him and sing him a song.
Happy birthday Laurie! I hope you had a great one!!

1 comment:
Thanks so much for everything! It looked darling! You are the best. I sure love you guys.
Post a Comment