The day finally came! Jordan officially has his MBA! I know, I can't believe it either. I mean we've been talking about it for 8 years. I always knew he would do it and do an amazing job, but it's actually happened! Woohoo!
Thursday, April 21 was graduation day. Well, it was Commencement (so ALL the BYU graduates were at that one). Jordan had an MBA breakfast to go to and then they took pictures afterwards. This isn't all of them, obviously, but it includes a bunch of Jordan's buddies.
Here's Jordan and Jonathan at the breakfast. They went to high school together too. Isn't that adorable?
In an attempt to beat the crowd (and have enough time to get Logan to actually smile for some pictures), we got dressed up and met Jordan on campus that morning to take pictures. I was soooo happy we did this, because after graduation was just crazy.
I never knew a cap and gown could look so handsome!
Logan kept giving us fake smiles so that's what we went with!
Logan was extremely nervous to sit on the cougar.
Way to go, Jordan!
Had to get a picture in front of the stadium because Logan just loves the stadium. "Y game! Y game!" He's looking forward to attending the BYU-Arizona State game in September!
We're lucky Michelle has been staying with us, and she was willing to stay home with Logan while I went to Commencement with Jordan's parents. When all the graduates started walking in I started to cry. I was just so proud of Jordan and all the hard work he's put into this program.
It was also really fun to see so many names that I was friends with! When I graduated with my English degree, I didn't know hardly anyone in else because there were a million of us. With the MBA program, there are only 180 in each year, and so I know lots of the students (and their wives).
Jordan took lots of pictures with his buddies before graduation started.
Here he is with Dalan Roher (my friend Kristy's husband).
And with Robby Boyle (Heather's husband) and Brett Archibald (Ashley's husband)
And with Sean (who is coming to Intel in Arizona also, and I cannot spell his last name to save my life)
And with Devin Philabaum (Amber's husband).
After Commencement was over, we snapped a quick pictures with Jordan's parents and then we went to Art City Trolley for dinner (last time!) while Michelle went to the airport and picked up Mom and Dad.
Logan was so excited that Grandma and Grandpa were there in the morning! Grandpa showed him pictures of his fishing spot.
We spent the morning getting ready for Jordan's graduation luncheon. I had decided to order food from Costco and I am so so so SO glad I did. It tasted great and I didn't have to do hardly anything that morning except for pick up the food and set up the tables.
I did make Y cookies, but I'd made them several days ahead of time so that was all done. Yay!
I found some cute blue plates and blue sodas. BYU Blue for our favorite graduate!
The fruit and veggie trays, sandwiches, and cookies. We had about 15 people come. Jordan's parents, Jordan's sister Krista, my parents, Michelle, us, Grandma and Grandpa Huber, Grandpa Birks, Grandpa Cline, and Grandma Cline.
After everyone was done eating we cleaned up really fast and headed back over to the Marriott center. We had to wait a bit for the graduation ahead of us to finish, but we ended up with good seats.
I was such a proud wife when I opened up my program and saw Jordan's name listed under the Graduate Awards section! He's a pretty big deal. The Stoddard Award is a finance scholarship chosent by faculty.
Logan quickly became bored during the gradution, but I had come fully prepared with headphones, a movie, and some Paw Patrol episodes. Oh, and lots of snacks. So he actually did really well!
And MORE pictures after graduation! Jordan with his grandparents. We sure miss Gram.
With my family! I'm so glad they came out for this special occasion.
Selfie!
Jordan with his parents and Krista.
Finally graduation was over and we had celebrated! Jordan and I went out to dinner at Magleby's Saturday night to celebrate one last time.
I cannot even begin to express how excited I am for Jordan and how proud I am that he reached his goal of getting an MBA and landing the job he's wanted for so long. He has worked so hard, so many hours, made sacrifices to reach his goal. But we've come out ahead in so many ways! We've both made amazing friends, had wonderful experiences, and learned so much. I had no idea when we entered the program that I would be able to learn and grow as much (okay, maybe) as much as Jordan who was the actual student in the program! I thought that these two years would be really hard, and parts of them were, but we have really loved this journey and all the people we've made it with. We are going to miss the program, but we are also incredibly excited about all the adventures ahead!
Congrats, Jordan! Here's to an amazing future!




2 comments:
Congratulations Jamie and Jordan! We love you and loved coming to celebrate with you!
What an accomplishment for both of you!
Post a Comment