On Saturday, everyone had told me that Grandma Huber was throwing a graduation luncheon for my cousin Alyssa and also Jordan. I'll admit, I was getting a bit burned out of graduation stuff, and thought it was kind of odd since I had done a luncheon for Jordan the day before, but I was just like whatever. It was probably just an excuse to get together with my aunt Denae and Uncle Jon while they were in town for Alyssa's graduation.
I really wanted to go shopping up at the Outlets in Lehi because I had a coupon and Logan needs a summer wardrobe, so Mom and I drove up there and had fun looking at kids clothes and got Logan some really cute stuff. We still had some time left before the luncheon so we went to Target to see if they had a cute swimsuit (I still haven't found one I love for Logan this year). Then we headed over to Grandma's. I texted Jordan asking him if he was on his way yet and he said no, he was running late, which I thought was odd because he knew it took a half hour to get to Grandma's from our house. But I chalked it up to trying to get the house packed up and was like okay.
But when we got to Grandma's, Michelle answered the door looking super cute and then I walked in and it was a surprise baby shower for Parker! Michelle had planned everything and it was all totally adorable. She'd done everything in the colors of the nursery (navy, gray, and red) and it was so cute.
My cousin Josh's wife makes these cute name garlands and she'd made one for Parker. I can't wait to hang it in his room! Michelle made the P for Parker.
She had some fun games, including this fact or fiction one (that Cassie won)
And guess the Legos (that Amy won)
Everything was just really cute! She had everyone sign the P so Parker will know who was at his baby shower.
The food was super yummy, and everything I liked! Chicken salad sandwiches (yum!), a fruit platter, and a delicious Caesar salad.
There were so many people there! I felt very loved. Laurie, Lani, Krista, Emily, and Molly were there from Jordan's side of the family. And Grandma Huber, Kerri, Marla, Alyssa, Denae, Liz (my cousin Jordan's wife), Cassie, and Amy were there from my side. And my mom and Michelle, of course!
After we had all eaten, snacked, and finished the games, I got to open presents! Please ignore how yucky my hair looks. I had done my hair the previous two days because of graduation and was giving myself a break, having no idea that this was coming. Big mistake, but at least I had put on some makeup!
Amy's son Noah was there and he was helping me open all my presents. It was very cute!
Mom found the cutest matching plaid shirts for Logan and Parker.
She also got them these cute "Super Big Brother" and "Super Little Brother" shirts with capes. Logan has a shirt with a cape and he loves it!
There were lots of fun presents; almost everything was clothes but Laurie also made a crib sheet and Grandma got me some new bottles. Yay! And it was so fun to get some new clothes for Parker, because I haven't bought him hardly anything because we have so much from Logan!
Here's me with Mom and Michelle. I can't believe they kept the secret so well!
And with Grandma too.
It was so sweet of Michelle to put this all together! I'm so grateful to have a sister like her who cares so much about me and my babies. She's such a wonderful aunt to Logan and she will be to Parker as well!
2 comments:
It was so much fun keeping the secret! We love you so much and are so excited as we await Parker's arrival!
What a good sister! What a fun surprise! PS I want to see you before you leave!
Post a Comment