We really didn't want to go anywhere for Christmas and New Years (we've spent a LOT of our years married traveling and we're kind of over it) so we decided to take a trip out to Utah for MLK Day, since we haven't seen the Utah family since August. So we packed up the kids and Lexi for our first long trip in the van. We had a lot more room than in the Malibu.
They were happy most the way but we did have some fussing at the end.
Logan was super excited when we started seeing snow on the way! We stopped for a bathroom break and we were freezing!
The first afternoon we were there we met up with all the cousins and went to the Dinosaur Museum. Here's all the cousins on the new playplace. There's 13 of them now.
Friday morning Jordan had to work, so I took the boys over to Merijane's house because she had snow. There was no snow at Grammy's house so they were nice enough to invite us over for a playdate! Merijane and I had fun catching up and the kids had a great time playing outside.
Snowball fight!!
Grammy got some really cool car tracks that Logan had a great time playing with. She also got a super fluffy new rug that Parker wanted to roll all over (and spit up on, so we had to keep an eye on him!)
Friday evening we headed down to Orem for a dinner with my grandparents and also Matt. It was so good to see them! The boys were shy at first but then they warmed up. Logan wanted to toss bean bags with Grandma and Grandpa and he was impressed by the star on top of their Christmas tree. Parker was fussy at first but then he let Grandma and Grandpa hold him and he showed off his new sitting skills.
Logan was so excited to see Matt and kept climbing on him. When it was time for dinner, he pulled his chair right next to him and said, "I want to sit next to Matt!" I'm glad they like each other. :)
Here's my Grandpa with little Parker. He is such a wonderful grandpa and I can't wait for them to come visit in April!
On Saturday we went sledding with all of the cousins. Logan was upset because some snow got in his face. He went down a few times with Grammy and Aida (Aida sitting in front so he wouldn't get snow in his face. Jordan and I also took Parker down his first (tiny) sledding hill. He didn't love it.
Here's us with most of the cousins (we're missing Oliver and Jack)
After sledding we stopped by to see Jamie and Emily's beautiful new house, and also stopped by to see Jordan's grandpa Cline.
The next day was Sunday, so it was pretty chill. We went to church in the morning and then that evening we had a big family dinner. After dinner the cousins put on the most funniest nativity you've ever seen. The kids were running around and yelling and it was hilarious. The oldest cousins (Libbie, Hailey, and Molly) had organized it and I don't think they realized how hard it would be to get 8 little kids to follow directions. It was so funny to watch. The girls were upset up but I think they'll find it amusing in a few years. Logan was Joseph and he kept spinning around in his costume. He wouldn't say anything and then he started smacking people with his fox. These pictures do not do it justice.
Here's all the boy cousins together. 9 girls in a row and then 4 boys in a row. I have a hunch that our next (and last) baby will also be a boy, but we'll see in a few years.
Jordan took this picture on his parents' bed and I thought it was cute :)
Logan went on his first sleepover Sunday night to Jamie and Emily's house. He just went off with no hesitation and Jamie and Emily said he did great! He had a lot of fun and didn't want to leave when we picked him up on our way home the next day.
We stopped in St. George Monday night and had a pretty awful night of sleep. Parker woke up at 9, 10, 1, and then at 3 he was up for over an hour. His sleep had been getting progressively worse since we started our vacation but this took the cake! It was really awful and we were sooo tired the next day.
We continued our drive on Tuesday. We stopped to see the Hoover Dam. I didn't realize that water didn't flow all the time, so there wasn't a ton to see, but it's still cool to say we've been there.
I also got to be in two places at once just like Jamie from A Walk to Remember! (Nevada/Arizona state line) (also a weird picture of me)
We finally got home and it was so nice. We had a good trip but I am always ready to get back home. I'm kind of a homebody. Haha. After I put the kids to bed I took a really long bath while watching Grey's Anatomy (haha, my ideal bathroom would include a tv by the tub, as well as a chandelier hanging above it). I was really worried about Parker waking up but he slept 13 hours straight and it was SO GREAT! He was very happy when he woke up. Fingers crossed for another good night tonight!





















1 comment:
Thanks again for coming! It was so great to have you all here!
Post a Comment