Well, we left for our big vacation last Wednesday. It was so great to leave school and just take off for the sun. It also helped that it was snowing in Provo the day that we left (in the first picture, you can see the snow falling and that I'm wearing a coat), which made it so much better to arrive in sunny St. George. We stayed in Jordan's grandparents' condo, and it was so fun! Every day (except sunday) we went swimming and hot tubbing. It was so relaxing! How wonderful. When we arrived, Jordan made barbeque hamburgers. They were so good except I forgot to put egg in them so they fell apart a little bit.
On Thursday, our six month anniversary, Jordan had a surprise activity--we went go karting and miniture golfing. It was really fun, except that it was super duper windy (see picture 2) and we almost blew away while golfing! But at least it was sunny. And I won, by the way. For dinner we went to my favorite restaraunt, Outback, and had amazing steak. I had shrimp too! It was amazing.
On Friday, we visited a ghost town called Silver Reef that is a little north of St. George. That's what the 3rd and 4th pictures are from. Apparently people found silver and gold there, and there was this really cool Wells Fargo museum with all these great statues. Also, there were a couple of graveyards, and we walked around for a while. Jordan took a bunch of pictures. And there was a dug up grave! Okay, probably not, but there was definatly a grave with a big hole next to it (see picture 5). It was kind of creepy.
Saturday was our trip to Vegas! I was really excited to go, but it was just as nasty as everyone said it was. I don't know if I'll ever go back, but I did get a really cute dress at the outlets there. I've been looking for a graduation dress for a while, so I was happy to find one! The first thing we did when we got there was go to a buffet, because that was what I really wanted to do--go to a Vegas buffet. It was pretty good, and we ate for an hour and a half! I think I tried some of everything. They had cheesecake. Mmmm. Afterwards, we headed to this hotel where they were supposed to have swing dancing, but it got cancelled! Sad. But we got to take pictures by their waterfall and fountains, and I almost fell in the water. Almost. You can see evidence above.
We got to go to church with one of Jordan's mission buddies on Sunday. It was fun to see him, and the meeting was really good. Jordan made dinner that night and it was really good! He is so amazing. I was so sad to go home the next day, though. We didn't leave until after we went and ate In and Out burger (so amazingly good) and walked around the St. George temple.
The drive home was pretty uneventful, and when we got back we found that our little strawberry plant had started to grow! We planted it a couple of weeks ago and I had my grandma babysit it for us. I also had a ton of homework waiting for me. I have no idea how I survived this week, or how I'll make it through the next one. Only 21 days until I graduate! I can't wait!
3 comments:
How fun!!! It sounds like you guys had such a great time!!! And you graduate - in 21 days!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!! Good luck! XOXO
WOW! Looks like so much fun- I'm jealous!
Can't believe you graudate so soon! We should celebrate!
Miss you James- I'm glad you're doing well. Tell Jordan I say Hello.
I LOVE your blog you two! What fun to go on your anniversary trip with you. I loved seeing all the photos and a belated birthday to your beautiful horse Scout! Hope to see you in a couple of weeks. SLY Auntie Rob
Post a Comment