Monday, June 8, 2009

Sorry for the Delay!

At first, the reason I hadn't updated my blog in a while was that nothing was happening. Absolutely nothing! Trust me, my blog would have looked a little like this:


Monday: Went to work and then cleaned the house
Tuesday: Watched the Price is Right and cleaned the house
Wednesday: Went to work and cleaned the house

You get the idea. However, with my new job I am so insanely busy that I no longer have time for blogging! But I have taken an itty bitty amount of time for myself to update all y'all about the goings on in our home.

First of all, Jordan's business got started! As with all businesses, it's going to take a while to get going, but its nice to know that things are off and running. Jordan and Jamie have come up with a couple of really good ideas that they are going to put into play pretty soon. I'm excited!

Secondly, I got a new job! I'm working as a horseback riding instructor for Heritage School, which is a live-on-site school for adolescents with clincal mental problems (kids with major depression, suicidal tendencies, ADHD, ect.). It's not exactly my dream job, but it pays the bills, and I am excited to be back with horses. It's only part time, so I'll be keeping my LDS Living job. Unfortunatly, Heritage requires full time training, so last week I had to work full time for them and part time for the magazine, which resulted in a very tired Jamie.

Thirdly, we got a scooter today! My dad is really worried about it. But it's the only way that I can get to work, since we can't afford two cars. I'm terrified. But hopefully it will be a good thing. It's a yellow one, and I named it Bumble.

Forthly, we went camping a couple weeks ago! It was fun to use all the camping stuff we got for our wedding! We went to Deer Creek Resevoir and had a lot of fun together (but being that near a lake and not going fishing just seemed wrong somehow!). We had tin foil dinners and marshmellows and hot dogs and just generally had a good time. I've included some pictures for y'all to enjoy.

I suppose that's all for now. I think things will slow down once I've gone through my training, so hopefully I will be able to tell you all about my new job and everything in a couple of weeks. Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

RyRy said...

James,
It's good to know you are alive and well!
1. Love the pics-way cute. Looks like you guys had fun!
2. Wow-you're a busy woman with your jobs. I'm impressed. The horse things sounds really neat..I'm excited to hear more about it!
3. You got a scooter? Cool! Tell me how it goes. AND, wear a helmet and be safe. I don't want to hear about any broken Jamies-lol.
4.Congrats on the new business getting started!
5. I miss you- I'd love to get together sometime and catch up. Let me know when you're free!

Meags said...

how beautiful...! i've never been but it looks nice and green! glad to hear that you're staying busy! and congrats on the new job!