Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tahoe, here we come!

When I got my job at Heritage School, I was happy but at the same time really sad, because I thought that my chance to go see my family at Lake Tahoe was done for. It's pretty much well known that it's not a great idea to ask for time off right when you get hired. They might let you have permanant time off. So I didn't know what to do! I miss my family so much and I'd been so excited to spend the fourth of July with them, and to meet their new puppy, that I was kind of miserable for a little while.

But I was talking to one of the girls out there about my deliema, and she said that she got time off all the time. And another girl offered to work my shifts for that week. Of course, I decided to ask for the time off, and my supervisor said yes! I'm so, so happy. We'll be able to spend about 5 days with my family, and I'm just thrilled. Jordan is excited too, but (understandably) not as excited as I am. Yippee! And I just had to share my happiness with all of you.


As with other news, I've finished my training at Heritage! Thank goodness. It was intense! I worked 52 hours last week and about 45 this week, so I'm thrilled to trim it down to the normal 40. I finally get to start working with the horses! I think it's going to be really good. They really try to keep their staff happy and have lots of fun activities. Right now they are doing this thing called "Walk to Disneyland" where you wear a pedometer and keep track of how many steps you take each day. They plot them on a map and figure out where you are between Provo and Disneyland, and if you make it there before September 7, you get entered into a drawing for an all-expenses paid 3-day trip (including airfare) to Disneyland! How fun!

3 comments:

RyRy said...

I'm glad you have a job you like and that it's going well! AND have fun in Tahoe- I'm sure that'll be an enjoyable (and much needed!) break.

Miss you James!

Meags said...

how fun!!! it's always nice to get away and spend time with family! =D we missed you tuesday; hope you got the much-deserved rest! hopefully we'll see you soon! *mmuuuaahhh*! XOXO

Mackenzie said...

So are y'all going to come see us. Tahoe is only like 2 hours from where we live!!!