Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy anniversary to US!



Can you believe that it's been a whole year since Jordan and I got married? Wow! It's been a great year...probably the best one yet! We were remincising about our wedding day and here were some of the highlights (not that the whole day wasn't awesome).

1. The sealing, of course! Glenn Hass, my former bishop and a close family friend, was able to seal us and he did a wonderful job. He said some amazingly inspired things, and I know everyone who was there felt the spirit.

2. Lunch at BJ's. I think we had one of the most fun wedding luncheons ever (thanks to Mike and Laurie!). We had gourmet pizza at BJ's resturant and it was amazing. I think everyone had a great time and got really full! And the sunflower decorations were amazing. Did anyone get pictures of the luncheon? Sadly, I don't have any!

3. Riding horses with the nieces. Okay, this didn't happen on the day of the wedding, but the day before I was able to take Libbie and Hailey on "pony rides" on Dobbin. It was really fun, plus I always love riding Scout! Joy of joys.

4. Being able to wear my dress. Sigh. I miss that dress. And Jordan looked great in his tux too!

5. Dancing at the reception. Actually, the whole reception was really great, but I had a lot of fun dancing with Jordan and my awesome bridesmaids. Can we please do it again?

And here are some of our top favorites from this year we've been married:

1. We both agreed that going to St. George for our 6-month anniversary was probably one of the most fun things we did (thanks Gram and Grandpa Birks!). It was so relaxing to have no shedule and it was great to get out of the cold snow for a while!

2. The cruise. Of course.

3. Visiting with family. This includes Jordan's family here and taking trips to California to see my family.

4. Doing random stuff together. We love going on walks, shopping garage sales, reading books together, baking, getting hooked on TV shows, and just generally having a good time!

So, are you wondering what we actually did for our anniversary? Sadly, we were very bad about taking pictures, but here's the story. We went to a French Toast breakfast, which was awesome. Then Jordan studied for 5 hours for his test (sad), then we had dinner at Outback (amazing! I love that place.) and we went country dancing. It was so fun because we were country dancing the first time we held hands (awwww). Anyway, we had a really good time. And Jordan gave me a beautiful pearl necklace and I got him a book that he's really been wanting.

This year was great, and I'm looking forward to an eternity of wonderfully happy years together!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

It has been a GREAT year! I loved remembering all the fun!
love ya,