Saturday, November 6, 2010

Stay.

About a week ago, Jordan told me a story about (I think) one of his religion teachers. On day, his kid was being awful, and he told him to go to his room and that he didn't want to hear a word out of him until he told him he could leave. Well, the dad forgot about his kid and went about his day--mowed the lawn, watched a football game, etc. In the late afternoon, the kid crept cautiously out of his room, went over to his father, and said, "Dad? Can we ever be friends again?" Ha ha. It was somehow related to a forgiveness story that I had heard in church that day.

Anyway.

Earlier this evening, Lexi had been chewing on the carpet, or a wire, or something (?)  I got mad at her and said, "Lexi! Go to your bed. And STAY there." She ran over to her bed, which is by the couch. About forty minutes later, I realized I hadn't heard Lexi in a while, which is never a good thing (no noise from youngsters is never a good thing). I said, "Jordan! Where's Lexi?" He says, "In her bed. You told her to stay." I looked down and there she was, giving me her reproachful look. I had forgotten to release her from her stay! Whoops. Fortunately, puppies are rather forgiving.

Mom, can we ever be friends again?

2 comments:

RyRy said...

hee.hee.

That's a really sad face!
Lexi is getting cuter and cuter.

bec said...

So cute!! What a good dog. I used to have a dog named Echo who looked a lot like Lexi.