Saturday, January 22, 2011

Getting Crafty

I am not a crafty person. I think lots of crafts are cute, but I've just never been one of those people who could actually figure out how to do crafty things. My mom isn't very crafty, either. We both excel in writing and horsey things, and we have other skills too, but we are not crafty.

However, I think my awesomely crafty mother-in-law and sister-in-law have rubbed off on me. I am slightly jealous of their crafty skills, and so when I was up in Utah I asked Krista, Jordan's sister and amazingly talented person, to help me make some picture mats for my living room (my living room is incredibly boring and brown). They turned out soooo cute! I just love them.


I haven't hung them yet because I'm waiting for our new TV stand to get here so that I can position them right.

We modge-poged darling scrapbook paper onto them and Krista said after we did that I would want to modge poge everything. And it's true! For a while I was even considering modge poging Lexi's kennel...ha ha!

Anyway, when I got back to Georgia, I guess the craftiness was still going strong. My friend Kristi showed me some darling aprons she'd made while I was gone, so of course I had to make one too! We went and picked out fabric and worked all day, and here's the finished product!


I love the fabric I chose...I got more so I could make Mom one too!


And here it is on...not a great picture, the timer on our camera makes things fuzzy and Jordan's out of town. But you get the general idea.


Anyway, back to the modge poging thing...so, Lexi's toys are getting out of hand. She got a bunch for Christmas and I really don't have anywhere to put them. All the little cute chests that they make are made out of stuff that Lexi would think was even better than her chew toys, but I wanted her "toy chest" to be cute since it will be in the living room.

Yeah, I'm messy--so what?

 I was at Micheal's and they had this darling little crate for only $6 after the coupon I had! I thought it would be perfect.

Anything good to eat in here?
I spray painted slats and inside blue and then modge poged cute paper on the solid sides so it will coordinate with my picture frames.


As soon as I put all Lexi's toys in she pulled them all out. Oh well.

Um, hello? I was playing with these. All of them.

The last, and most dorky craft that I've done this week, is to make Lexi a bunch of bandanas. I saw a darling cupcake one online and Jordan said, "Why don't you just make one?" That was a dangerous thing to say...of course when I went to the fabric store I had to get a few different kinds...


I made them so they just slip over her collar. They turned out a bit smaller than I'd hoped but I have some extra fabric so I'll probably make a bigger version.

Not a great picture, but you can see the bandana pretty well.
And that was my super crafty week. Ta da!

6 comments:

Simon Says said...

Jamie, I am so impressed with your craftiness! Way to go! LYLani

Laurie said...

What an amazing and crafty week you have had. I don't think anyone reading your blog will believe that you are not crafty. YOU ARE CRAFTY!!!!
What a fun blog entry, I enjoyed seeing what you've been up to. I LOVE THE APRON. So cute!! Have a super Sunday.

Tatia said...

Way to be crafty lady! I think you can definitely call yourself crafty now!

Robynn said...

Jamie, I LOVE all of your projects. You have inspired me. I especially love your doggy toy box
! You are so cute. Lucky Lexi! Have a great week. I can't wait to see what next weeks projects will be. SLY Auntie Rob

Meags said...

haha! how fun! i'm impressed! the apron is adorable and i love how you coordinated your frames and chest. =)

RyRy said...

oh my gosh- I am so jealous! You are seriously so crafty with all your little projects and cupcakes.
You'll have to teach me all your skills one day... I am majorly lacking.
Very impressive James!