Our ward held a talent show last night and Jordan and I got to participate in a few acts...
First, me and the young women performed a parody of "California Gurls" that my mom's stake had performed for their new beginnings. We made up a little dance on Wednesday, so it was kind of thrown together, but I thought it was pretty cute!
Then Jordan wowed us with his piano talents and played an excerpt from "Rhapsody in Blue." He is so talented. If you watch the video, you can hear all the kids getting excited at the beginning...I think it's because they recognize the song from Fantasia 2000. Just a guess.
Lastly, Lexi and I were able to perform some tricks onstage! I guess the bishop had to get permission from somebody higher up to let a non-service dog in the church, so I was glad she did well. Sooo good for a 9 month old puppy to pay any attention at all with all that excitment! Check out our video--she goes behind the curtain at one point and the audience thought it was funny...
It was a very enjoyable night. My favorite part, though, was when this little six-year-old girl came up to me afterwards and we had the following conversation:
Her: Where's your dog?
Me: She's out in my car.
Her: What's she doing?
Me: Probably sleeping.
Her: Oh. Is she having babies?
Me: (Super long pause) Uhhh...I sure hope not!
Ha ha ha ha. Little kids are hilarious.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You certainly should have gotten the award for the most talented family!!!! That was so fun to watch the 3 of you perform. Jamie, you and the girls were darling, what a fun song, Jordan, you were amazing, and little Lexi, what a great job you did in front of all those people. Way to go Cline's!!!!!!
Post a Comment