I'm putting my weight out there because maybe seeing it on the internet will encourage me to get rid of it.
I think I was mostly able to keep my weight down in HS and the beginning of college because of my horseback riding. I know, people don't think that's exercise, but it actually works out your arms, legs, abs, and butt, if you are riding correctly. It's not cardio, but it's still good for ya.
Then I was working at Heritage, which was basically an 8 hour workout 3 days a week. Awesome.
And then I moved to Albany and sat on my butt.
I'd take Lexi on long walks every day and play with her at the park, but I wasn't really working out, although I kind of told myself that was exercise. But the scale doesn't lie.
Anyway, I bought the Zumba DVDs and they got here last week. I've decided to work out with them four days a week (so far I've done it twice this week) and then this guy will help me once a week:
| Yes, I still wear a helmet when I'm riding western. |
This cutie is Dallas, an 8-year-old quarter horse. His mommy just had surgery so she's letting me work with him while she's recovering. Unfortunately he lives an hour away, but it's better than nothing!
And that's my exercise plan. Zumba four days a week, riding one. However, I think I need to *gulp* change my diet too.
It's not that I eat badly. I don't eat at hamburger joints allllllll the time. But lots of what I make has a bunch of cheese in it. I like cheese. And pasta. And meat. Yum. I've been trying to add more fresh veggies in lately and I've done better, but I feel like I need help.
So if you've got any YUMMY and HEALTHY recipes, feel free to leave a link in the comments page. Or email me. That would be very appreciated. Oh, but I hate tomatoes. Keep that in mind. :D
6 comments:
I think that you, Michelle and I should race to see who can lose 5 pounds first. What should the prize be?
Any kind of tomatoes? Or just fresh tomatoes?
good for you for wanting to be healthy (and for being brave enough to put your weight out on the internet!!)
I've been trying this water diet that my vt was telling me about, where you drink 6 bottles of water a day. It's supposed to clean out your system. I've been trying it- I have no idea if it works but it sounds healthy? ;p
Good luck.
haha, good for you! i hear zumba is awesome! i also enjoy turbo jam and pilates--check it out. good luck! p.s. i don't know if you watch food network, but i enjoy her show: http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy-appetite-with-ellie-krieger/index.html
this has been recommended by some of my good "skinny" friends www.skinnytaste.com. My skinny walking partner always says "move more eat less" sounds like you already have that down but you will probably have to give up the cheese and fatty stuff. You are on the right track...YOU CAN DO IT! Lots of the weight watcher recipes are the bomb...they have lots of flavor and not too complicated on the prep. That's my input...:)
Jamie!! Oh my goodness - I was cracking up reading your blog post because it is EXACTLY what I've been thinking the last couple weeks - I need to lose 15-20 pounds and eat better. Ha - even the Zumba part is identical! Calmann and I were at Best Buy last week debating if we wanted to buy it or not. If we lived closer together, we could Zumba together! Miss you!
P.S. - This website - http://losetowingame.blogspot.com/ - has a lot of healthy recipes. My mom lost all her weight doing this method (she's featured on the blog).
Post a Comment