Friday, August 12, 2011

Cline Family Bear Lake Trip 2011

We got back late Wednesday night (like really late--2 am Georgia time) from our Utah trip. We had a great time!I have super awesome in-laws. I just felt so blessed the whole time we were in Utah. All of Jordan's family is so great.
Here's the whole fam up in Bear Lake (you have no idea how glad I was we didn't have kids...ha ha! All I had to do was smile...everyone else's job was a lot harder).


Anyway, Jordan's parents picked me up from the airport on Friday night. Jordan got in later that night. Saturday we basically ran around visiting a bunch of Jordan's family (grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc). We also took my brother Matt (who is going to BYU) out to dinner). It was really fun to see him! He's a good kid.


After we saw Matt, we went over to Chip and Elycia's new house! It was darling. And we got to meet their new baby Taylor who was even more darling! He is about three months old now. Chip and Elycia are great parents. That Taylor is one lucky kid. They let us spend the night in their basement and we went to church with them for Taylor's baby blessing the next day. They were kind enough to let Jordan and I hold him during the whole Sacrament meeting because we don't know when we'll get to see him again.


As soon as Sacrament meeting was over, we took off for a cabin at Bear Lake, Idaho, where we met up with everyone else (Jordan's siblings, their spouses, and all their kids--each family has two girls). We took family pictures that night which was a little crazy, but Jordan and I took some fun pictures with our two oldest nieces, Libbie and Hailey.



On Monday we headed out to the lake. I was really excited because I got a new tankini and I totally love it!


Back at the cabin, the girls made friends with a friendly cat that liked to hang around with them. It was cute.

Monday night we had a little birthday party for Molly. Jordan and I gave her a Littlest Pet Shop toy (we had one for all the nieces) and we had birthday cake.



Tuesday we played kickball and went to the lake and had a campfire. And I apparently stopped taking pictures. Whoops. But it was a lot of fun and trust me, we all looked good. Ha ha!

Wednesday we packed up and headed back down to SLC. Jordan's parents were kind enough to treat us to lunch at In-and-Out Burger, which I just LOVE. Then we hopped on a plane, flew to Atlanta, and then drove to Albany. It was insane, but we did it.

We also rode an emotional roller coaster because the lender told us that we would close Friday FOR SURE and then, guess what, it fell through. Now they're thinking Monday or Tuesday but I don't believe it. I'm completely emotionally drained from the whole house-buying experience. We're going to be at the Scotts' house until Sunday night and then we're just going to have to buck up and pay for a hotel. End of sad story.

Anyway, it was a great vacation. There was no drama and everyone just had fun. We played a bunch of games and just enjoyed each other's company. I sure love my little nieces!

3 comments:

RyRy said...

glad you had a good trip!
I hope things are working out for you.

Laurie said...

Thanks again for coming all the way to SLC so you could go on vacation with us! It was so great to have all of our kids there!!!!

Marcie said...

What a cute family! I'm so gald you had a wonderful time.