Thursday, August 4, 2011

The homelessness continues...

Remember how I was telling you that Aaron and Sara's landlord was a meanie?

Well, it's true. Somehow she saw me. I took Lexi to the bathroom twice in 24 hours, and I guess I got caught 'cause she called Aaron and told him he needed to get the girl with the dog out of his apartment immediatly. I called Jennifer crying (this is the Jennifer who owned the chickens Lexi killed, remember?) and she said Lexi and I could stay over there. She is too nice. I will forever be indebted to her, and I will become her minion.

Lexi had a great time because their dog Lulu is her BFF and I felt guilty the whole time because I'd kicked Madeline and Isabella out of their bunkbeds and onto an air mattress. Poor girls. I love them!

Yesterday I decided I'd taken advantage of their hospitality for too long and so I dropped Lexi off at the Yellow Dog Kennel a day early and spent the day running errands, shopping (well, kind of, I didn't end up getting anything), and seeing a movie in a theater by myself for the first time (I saw Captain America and it was surprisingly good. Kind of like Thor but not as funny. And I thought Thor was hotter.).



Then Kristi, as tired as she was from her loooooong trip, was gracious enough to let me stay over at her new house for my last two nights. Tomorrow morning I get to get on a plane and leave this mess for a while and go see my husband. You have no idea how happy that makes me.

The current news on the house is that the seller for some reason won't get the paperwork to our agent or something. I guess our agent has gotten a lawyer invovled in this now to make them get off their duff and get moving. Geez. This is such a disaster. There's no end in sight--we have no idea when we will close, not even a ballpark estimate.

Keep us in your prayers, please!

No comments: