Sunday, September 4, 2011

A Suprise for Jordan

Jordan has been out of town the past week, so I decided I would paint the dining room (our "music room") and put it all together while he was away. We'd already picked a color so I just prepped the room (which included pulling down the blinds, which was kind of scary) and then painted. It was fun but hard work!


Before

After
It turned out more gray than I thought it would, which is weird 'cause it totally looked brown in the paint chip and the spots we put on the wall. But it's still pretty.

And here it is all put together. I wanted to go get a second bookcase to put on the other side of the piano but they didn't have the right one at Sears. I was super bummed.



On the other side I hung my horse sketches that Jordan bought for me last year and our family pictures (my family really needs to take a new one! Ours is so old).


Oh, and I hung up our family pictures in the family room. I just thought I would show you those too. We desperately need to paint in here. I'll probably do it while Jordan is gone THIS week.


Anyway, Jordan was happy I painted but I think he should have been much more enthusiastic. BOYS!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I am so impressed that you painted, it looks beautiful!!!! Have you ever painted before? There is nothing like a fresh coat of paint. I love the color, it looks GREAT and all the pictures that you hung look so good. You are such a cute little decorator!

Marcie said...

Jamie, the room looks wonderful. I'm amazed! You learned your painting skills from Dad, not me. I love the color. I can't wait to see your house someday and I can't wait to see you and Jordan soon! What room shall we decorate while you're here?