Saturday, August 31, 2013

Logan's Baby Pictures

I'd decided a while ago that I would just wait to get Logan's baby pictures done in Utah since there are so many more photographers out there. I found this place called FotoFly, which is a studio in Draper. I was really excited about getting Logan's pictures done there.

Unfortunately, on Tuesday morning, the morning of his pictures, I could NOT get Logan down for a nap. He woke up around 6 and will usually nap about an hour and a half after he wakes up, but NOTHING I did could get him to go down. I tried for two hours! The pictures were at 10 and I knew it was not going to go well if he was exhausted.

He fell asleep on the drive over, which was about 20 minutes, but he cried almost the whole time we were there. He was just so tired and unhappy with us putting him in all sorts of positions. It's kind of shocking we got any good pictures at all, because he was screaming uncontrollably for most of the hour-long session.

This was my very favorite picture. I just LOVE it!


I was insistent that we take a picture with my mom's books, and I was excited that he at least wasn't crying for one of them. 


This was what he looked like most of the time:


He briefly stopped crying for a couple of pictures on the green blanket, but he just kind of looks tired.


So strong!


During this picture is when he completely lost it. I thought he would be happier being swaddled, but apparently he hated that idea. I was impressed that the photographer got even one picture in this pose. It's kind of fun--my friend Kristi says he looks like an Eskimo baby.


I really love this picture too. I wish Logan looked happier, but it's a "tender" picture.


Anyway, it was a totally traumatic experience and it took a couple days for me to recover from it, but now I'm glad we did it because I really love a few of the pictures.

2 comments:

Meags said...

how precious! sad i missed you but glad you were able to make the trip! :D

Unknown said...

Oh Logan! Such a sweet boy. Photo sessions can be tough, but the pictures are still darling!