Today, on August 2nd, my little man is one month old! It's just crazy to me that I have a one month old baby. It's been quite the month of adjustment. Jordan and I just love our little man to pieces, and we've certainly learned a lot about being parents in the last month.
Our baby boy just loves to be swaddled. He won't sleep unless he is wrapped up tight. We bought a few of the SwaddleMe wraps (which I think look like baby straight-jackets) and he sleeps in one every night.
Logan also LOVES baths. Sometimes it's the only thing that will calm him down. On his cranky days, Jordan jokes that we should just let him live in the bathtub and become a bath person, since the second we put him in he stops crying.
When Logan was two weeks old, he started having long crying spells. He just didn't seem to feel good at all. We switched him to soy formula which seemed to help tremendously, although he's still a colicky baby who cries a lot some days. We love him but those days are HARD.
Logan and Lexi are getting along great already. Every day, along with tummy time and play mat time, we have puppy time, where I have Logan run his hands all over Lexi and let her lick his feet and hands a bit. They both seem to enjoy it! I can't wait until they can play together.
At Logan's last doctor's appointment (3 weeks old) he weighed 11 lbs 4 oz. That's HUGE! I can't believe how big he is already. He does eat a lot, though. He eats about 4 ounces of formula every three hours, although sometimes he wants five or even SIX ounces. He's my little hungry thing!
He has grown out of most of his newborn clothes and is now wearing 0-3 months and 3 month clothes. He outgrew newborn diapers at two weeks old.
He has also proved he is a genius by rolling over TWICE already. Super impressive. I was totally shocked because I didn't think three week old babies could do that. He can also hold his head up quite impressively, but he wouldn't do it during our photo session.
Logan has not yet mastered the art of sleeping. He wakes up about every three hours during the night, and sometimes he wants to have a party and not go back to sleep. Usually this happens when it's Jordan's turn to wake up with him. I guess Daddy must be a lot more fun than Mommy! We are both really hoping he starts to sleep longer soon.
Logan has accumulated quite a few nicknames during his short life. Jordan calls him Pal, which I find adorable. My mom calls him Turtle. I call him Little Man.
We love you little Logan! Happy one month!
2 comments:
Sooooo cute!!! He looks a lot like Jordan. How fun to watch him grow.
I LOVED all the pictures from Logan's one month photo shoot!!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that tiny boy! Only 5 more hours!!!!
Post a Comment