Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Logan's Washington D.C. Trip

Last week we all headed up to Washington D.C. so Jordan could do some training. I've been so swamped with work it was nice to have a little break, even though Logan was cranky so it wasn't exactly "relaxing." He does NOT love hotel living.

Anyway, here's Logan outside the FDIC building. We took a few walks the first few days, but it was pretty cold, as you can see from this bundled up little boy!


Jordan and I decided to bring up a few meals and our crock pot so we could use the money they give him for food on a couple of really nice restaurants. Logan LOVED going out to dinner. When we would walk in the waiters would kind of give us a look like, "Really? You are bringing a baby in here?" But then afterwards they would say how good he was.

He really liked the rolls, mashed potatoes, and creamed spinach at Ray's The Steaks. It's so fun that he's starting to eat real people food.



Wednesday morning Logan was crazy cranky. He just woke up on the wrong side of the pack n' play. By 8:00 in the morning I was already tired of his whining so I threw him in the tub. It was the only place he was happy, and even that only lasted for about 20 minutes. Oh, Logan.


The FDIC hotel is just a few blocks away from The Cheesecake Factory. Cheesecake is my favorite dessert, and I hardly ever get to eat it since we're 3 hours away from a Cheesecake Factory, so we went and got cheesecake twice while we were there. It was like heaven. Ahhhh.


Friday was the only day we actually went into downtown D.C. We really wanted to take Logan down there but it was pretty cold. We bundled him up the best that we could but we still got a "Why are you doing this to me" vibe from him.



We went into the National Botanical Gardens, which was one of the only places in the National Mall that Jordan and I hadn't been yet. It was really fun! And warm, which was a plus. Logan kept trying to grab everyting.


There were some really beautiful flowers, and lots of orchids.


Logan and I sat down for a bit and Jordan got this picture and I think Logan's face is hilarious!


Here he is being all cute and sweet.


Logan and I before leaving the Gardens.



We started the drive home on Friday afternoon. We drove about 3 hours to Jordan's cousin Tatia's house in Charlottesville, Virginia. We haven't seen them in years and we've never met their two little kids, Penny and Max. It was so fun to visit with them and Logan sure enjoyed having kids to play with, plus he thought all their toys were awesome.


On Saturday, Tatia took us to the Rotanda on the University of Virginia's campus. It was very cool!


Here's Jordan and I with cute Penny


Saturday afternoon Jake and Tatia took us on a hike in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It was a pretty steep hike at the beginning and I'm totally out of shape, but Jordan reminded me that I was the only one not carrying a kid so I probably shouldn't complain.



There was still some ice up at the top. 


We made it to the top! Here's me and Tatia and the kiddies.


After our hike we had a delicious dinner of pizza. When we got back to Tatia's house we wanted to take pictures of the kids, but right before we did Max fell down and started crying, which totally threw Logan for a loop, even though he didn't get hurt at all. It took him a while to get over it. I thought this picture was hilarious.


This was like a half hour later. Cute little boys!



We drove to Atlanta on Sunday (I know, this trip just goes on and on!) because Jordan had a work thing in Atlanta Monday morning. It would have been dumb to make Jordan drive 5 hours on Monday even though I was itching like crazy to get home. 

Logan did pretty well on the drive on Sunday. He fell asleep right when we got in the car and woke up pretty happy after a two hour nap. The rest of the drive was pretty good too. Maybe he knew we were finally going home.


We spent Monday in a hotel room (lame) because it was too rainy to go out and shop at the nearby outdoor mall. It was St. Patrick's Day, so he got to wear his cute shirt that I made for him.


I wore green and a green bow I made on my embroidery machine. Yes, I did iron my shirt after we took this picture.


After Jordan's meeting was over we started the drive home. Thankfully Logan slept most the way. I think he was very ready to be home, and so were we!





1 comment:

Linda and Tyrel said...

Your trip looks so fun! And your little boy just keeps getting cuter! He is adorable.