Sunday, May 18, 2014

Mother's Day Extravaganza

 Last week, since I was still pretty out of it from my surgery a few days before, Jordan asked me if I wanted to postpone Mother's Day until this week. I said that sounded like an excellent idea. I'm feeling much better, and much more well-rested than I have been in a while since Jordan's been home to help and I got to take lots of naps. Naps are nice.

Anyway, Jordan made a delicious picnic lunch of chicken salad sandwiches (my favorite!), chips, juice, and some string cheese for Logan. We went to Lake Loretta, which is more of a big pond over by where I used to work, and had a fun lunch right after church.


I think this picture is hilarious. He's such a ham.


But he can be quite serious when eating graham crackers.




After we were done with our yummy lunch, we went to feed the ducks and geese.


I saw this really weird duck hiding in the grass. I don't think it has any friends!




He's such a cutie!


We had to take pictures of the boys in their matching ties! I just love it when Logan wears ties. He gets lots of attention at church :) Who can resist a baby in a tie?


Logan's Mother's Day present to me was to take a one and a half hour nap (so basically 3 times as long as his usual naps). It was an awesome gift because I also got to take a nap. 



We finished up the day by grilling hamburgers and having corn on the cob. We ate outside, which is my favorite. We also tried a new sauce to put on burgers which was a Big Mac copycat recipe. It was really yummy! I only made a regular hamburger with the sauce but Jordan went all the way and added the extra bun and burger patty. 



Logan also loves to eat outside! He had cheese, corn, and some of a hamburger patty. He quite enjoyed it! 


Jordan also presented me with a coupon for 8 hours of alone time...time when I won't be touched, have my hair pulled, or cried at. I'm going to have to save that for a whiny day :) 

No comments: