Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Fun with Gak!

I have been trying to come up with some fun activities to do with Logan since we both get bored. We do some crafts but I remembered that I did gak with my kids in preschool and I thought Logan might enjoy it. He had so much fun, and so did I!

Sorry for all the pictures, I got out my big camera and had fun with it.


He liked experimenting with the gak and buttons and cookie cutters.


He also needed to see if it worked like a phone. Of course.


One of the funnest things was me squeezing buttons into the layers of gak and then Logan would dig them out.


It was really fun to watch him explore the texture of the gak. He really doesn't like playing with some other sensory stuff (like shaving cream) so I wasn't sure how it would go.



He found the button!



After the buttons got boring, I got him a measuring cup and he had fun filling it and then dumping it out. Kind of like making a sandcastle!



It was all fun and games until he put some on his head to say "hat" and then it got all sticky and gooey in his hair. Yuck.


Overall, though, the gak was a complete success! I need to find more activities like this for us to do :)

Hooray for gak!



If you'd like the recipe, here it is: http://lilluna.com/homemade-gak-recipe/

It does contain a small amount of laundry detergent (one teaspoon) so watch your kids carefully while you play with it!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You do the funnest things with that cute boy. I am going to try it with my class that is doing a preschool next week. I think they will LOVE it!!!
Thanks

Laurie said...

Gak looks awesome, what a fun mom you are! I love all the things you do with and for Logan. He is one lucky guy. I'm so glad Jordan found you!!!