Thursday, May 21, 2015

First Couple Weeks in Michigan

Okay, well, we're getting settled into our apartment so Logan and I have been finding things to do. We are a one car family for the summer so I either have to take Jordan to work and pick him up or just hand out around the apartment. Fortunately, our apartment has a little playground and we are in the building closest to it, which is awesome. 


We spend a lot of time at the park.



We also made an obstacle course out of pillows. I put a pile of bean bags at the end and he was supposed to get them and then crawl back across the pillows and stack them on the roll of tape.


I used painters tape to make a road for his cars on the table.


We colored a lot of fun cards for Logan's grandma's for Mother's Day.


Logan's been taking some good naps, so I've been able to play with my Cricut. I got it for Christmas but I'm always so distracted by my embroidery machine that I never use it. Well, I couldn't bring my embroidery machine with me so I've been learning all about my Cricut. It's been really fun! I've been doing a lot of decorations for Logan's birthday party. Here's one thing I made. I don't want to show off everything yet :) He's having a farm theme birthday.



Fortunately, GM lets Jordan check out a few cars during the summer, so last week and this week we had two cars! Yay! They call them Ambassador cars.

Here's the sign outside where Jordan works.


We got a GMC Terrain last week and it was a very fun car. Leather interior. I want one :)



Having the extra car allowed Logan and I to go check out some stuff around town. The best thing we found was the library. Jordan came with us on Saturday and we found the library and it is AMAZING. They had all these cars and planes that the kids could sit in. Logan was in heaven.


One of Logan's favorite words right now is "bus."


He also likes to say, "Wee-oo" for anything with a siren.



Logan saw the globe and said "ball!" Pretty close, buddy.


On Tuesday we had to turn in the Terrain but on Wednesday we picked up a Buick Enclave. 


I had to take Jordan to work to pick up the car, and on the way home we went to the library for story time. Logan didn't really like the actual stories (which is weird to be because he loves it when I read to him!) but he did love the singing. After story time was over he played with the trains and then I heard some of the other moms talking about the activity center, which was something Jordan and I hadn't noticed when we went on Friday. We went in there and they had so many toys! It was awesome.


Logan really loves playing with play food. I can't wait until we stop moving and can get him a kitchen. He was making me sandwiches and it was very cute!




He's really into trains (choo choos!) and "wash" -ing cars and everything right now, so he loved the train table.


We were out of milk and I wanted to take the Enclave for a test drive so we all went to Meijer to get some groceries. We checked out the toy section and found foam swords. Logan LOVES THEM SO MUCH. He cried so hard when I took them away finally. So if anyone needs an idea for a birthday present for Logan, foam swords would be awesome.



Anyway, this morning since I had my own car Logan and I went grocery shopping and then we stopped at a really cool park that I saw. 


Here we are at the top of the slide! He's still kind of nervous to go down slides by himself.


We've also been to visit my friends Laura and Brenna, who quite surprisingly live in Michigan! Isn't that funny? They both live in Ann Arbor, which is about an hour away, so I won't see them a ton, but I'm sure a few more times this summer, especially since Laura is having her baby in July!

So it's been fun so far. This weekend we have a trip planned so the next post will be about that. Yay!

4 comments:

Deise Clements said...

Looks like you guys have been finding lots of fun things to do! Love it!

Dennis and Bonnie Danielson said...

You really know how to have fun!

Unknown said...

You do so many fun and creative activities with Logan! I love hearing about your adventures!

Laurie said...

Why don't we have libraries like that here????? So fun.