Jordan wrapped up his last final on Monday, April 20, so we had everything ready to go for Michigan and California by that evening. We spent the night at Mike and Laurie's and then hit the road the next day! Lexi was with us too, because she's spending the summer with my family.
It was the typical drive across the desert. Incredibly boring, but Logan did really really great and that was awesome. It was so fun to see my family when we finally got there!
On Wednesday we just hung out. We were tired from our drive and didn't really do much.
Thursday we drove to Santa Cruz. I've never been there! It's about two hours from my parent's house. Michelle rode with us and entertained Logan in the backseat. Our first stop was Costco, because Dad loves it so much. They have the cutest play house at Costco right now and Logan was playing in it and wanted my dad and Michelle to come in too. I'm really shocked they all fit.
Then we went to the ocean and to dinner. We went to bed really early because Logan had woken up really early.
The next morning we had a yummy breakfast at the hotel.
Brett hates taking pictures, so this will probably be the only picture of him on the blog.
They had these funny birds of paradise flowers everywhere!
We went to the beach by the boardwalk after that. I wanted to take a cute family picture but Logan wasn't being very helpful!
It was kind of cold and windy. Not great beach weather, but it was still fun!
Okay, there was another picture of Brett! Yay!
Gotta play with sand on the beach.
Logan thinks everything is a hat these days. He puts things on his head and says "hat!" and then laughs like it's a huge joke.
There was a cute little lighthouse down the beach that we walked to.
After we were done beaching it, we went over to the Santa Cruz boardwalk to see everything and go on a couple rides. Jordan and I rode the Drop Zone ride (that's what it's called at Great America, so I call it that everywhere)...you know when they take you up super high and drop you. We got to face the ocean, which was really cool. Definitely the best view I've ever had from a theme park ride. Logan really wanted to ride these cars that actually went pretty fast but he thought they were super awesome!
I think Mom was a little scared...haha!
Mom also took Logan on the Carousel and he thought that was great. He's all about rides!
Logan was so tired by the time we were done at the boardwalk! He was definitely ready for a nap!
The next morning we went down to a different beach. Jordan wanted to surf but it was really crowded because there was a fundraiser going on (I was kind of glad, I'm really scared of sharks). So we walked around and looked at shops and then had lunch at a yummy place next to the beach.
Mom bought Logan this volkswagon bus and it's his favorite toy right now. He says "BUS!" all.the.time.
The boys waiting while the girls are shopping.
Me and Mom (we couldn't get Michelle to be in our picture)
After that our little mini vacay was over and we headed back to my parent's house! Sunday was a lazy day, we went to church and took naps and then Jordan got packed, because he was leaving to go back to Utah on Monday.
I honestly don't remember what we did on Monday, but on Tuesday we went to a really cute park that Logan absolutely loved because it had a train and a firetruck. If it only had a bus as well, it would have been perfect!
Logan really enjoyed digging in the sand and playing with a truck.
After that, Star was nice enough to come out for a visit with her two little girls. They live in Vacaville now so that's really fun! Logan was nice to share the tractor with Snow, and I gave all the kids rides on the lawnmower and we all had otter pops.
Mom and I redecorated the guest/play room while I was there. We had fun shopping at Hobby Lobby. We're running out of rooms to do in her house!
On Wednesday Brett and I went out to Leatherbys, and on the way back I wanted to stop at the consignment store to see if they had any shoes. Well, I didn't find shoes but I did find a cozy coupe for $15! I called Mom and she said to get it for her house. Logan threw an absolute fit when he couldn't drive it home. It was the worst tantrum ever, and Brett said that he'd never heard a kid scream so loud.
On Friday me, Mom, Dad, and Brett went to Six Flags. Unfortunately we were all kind of sick with a cold but I said let's go anyway! Logan loved looking at this dolphin and her baby.
Here's Logan and I on the safari jeep ride. We rode it four times. It was his favorite!
They also had the best playground. Brett was nice enough to go up with Logan and they played up there for quite a while!
We also got to see the penguins, tigers, and sharks. Logan kept saying "Meow!" during the tiger show. It was pretty funny.
Logan liked the carosel a lot. He also rode a (kind of scary) air balloon ride and a train that went incredibly slow, and a boat ride.
Mom and I took Logan through the shark habitat. I remember when the shark thing opened like 15 years ago and it was so cool. Now it's kind of dingy but the sharks are still fun to see.
Possibly Logan's favorite part of the day--the splash pad. He played in it for almost an hour while Brett and Dad went on more roller coasters, and probably would have played even Logan if I'd let him.
Here we are by the elephant. Getting tired!
Logan FINALLY conked out at 6:00 pm on the way back to the car, and actually stayed asleep when I put him in his car seat.
Saturday was work-around-the-house day, so Logan played in the arena with his sand bucket while Mom weeded and I sat around (my cold was the worst that day, so I was pretty out of it)
Logan also enjoyed terrorizing Rusty.
Two buddies, a baby, and a cozy coupe.
And that was about it! On Tuesday Logan and I took off for Michigan. I'll have to update about my plane ride later; it is kind of a crazy story. It was so fun to have a couple weeks with my family! :)




























3 comments:
What do you mean Logan wasn't helpful with taking a family picture?! The one with his bum and your faces is the best! :)
What a fun trip!! I love seeing the pics... It's also fun because I recognize where you are in the pics. I love Santa Cruz! :)
So fun! Loved seeing all the pictures and reading about your adventures! And Logan is getting SO big!!
Post a Comment