Thursday, May 14, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

This past Sunday was Mother's Day! I am so grateful every day to be a mother. Even on hard days, I think of how blessed I am that I have this little boy with me every day. I'm doubly blessed because I also have an amazing husband who works hard so I can be a stay at home mom!

On Mother's Day, Jordan got up with Logan at 6:30 and let me sleep until 8:30. They brought me breakfast in bed (I had requested hashbrowns with cheese and onion and a fried egg). It was delicious! Then we had a nice morning together. Jordan helped Logan make me a cute card. You probably can't read it, but it has Logan's footprints making a heart and it says, "I (heart) you from the top of my head to the tips of my toes."


Church was nice. Logan got a little rambunctious but that is to be expected. The ward seems nice and we are so so lucky to be in the same ward as Chase and Morgan and Heidi! How awesome is that? Even during our internship we get family time! Logan was super excited to go to nursery and ran in without even looking back. The nursery ladies told me he was really good. I'm glad he's good, even though I don't have anything to do with that! I think it's just luck of the draw.

Church is from 11:30 to 2:30 so Logan fell asleep in the car on the way home, and then stayed asleep when we put him in his pack n play (we are SO blessed that he transfers so easily!). Then Jordan fell asleep, and then I fell asleep on the couch after watch a bit of HGTV (we have cable for the summer! Woot woot!). When we woke up it was time to go over to Chase and Morgan's house for dinner. They made a delicious bacon wrapped pork loin, yummy broccoli, sweet potato biscuits, and watermelon. Logan LOVED the pork and ate a ton of it. He didn't really touch anything else, but I enjoyed it all!

Here's a picture of me and Heidi and Logan. Heidi is almost exactly a year younger than Logan. She is so adorable! Logan wanted to hold her hands but Heidi wasn't a huge fan. I'm glad these (second?) cousins will get to spend the summer together!



Chase and Morgan let their dog Kody in so Logan could play with him and he just thought Kody was awesome. They played and Logan was laughing hysterically. It was awesome. We played outside while Morgan was putting Heidi to bed and Logan picked me a bunch of dandelions. This was the only picture I got, but he picked a ton. Just the flower, though, not the stems. Haha!


After Heidi was asleep, we had cazookies (Jordan and I were in charge of desert). Cazookies are cookies baked in individual cups topped with vanilla ice cream. We hardly baked them so they were mostly just dough. They were divine! It was a really yummy end to a Mother's Day dinner.

I say it every year, but I'm so grateful for all the women in my life who are wonderful examples to me. My mom, especially, and my mother-in-law Laurie, and my grandmas, and Jordan's grandmas, and my aunts, and Jordan's aunts, and my sisters-in-laws, and my cousins, and my friends. I'm surrounded by amazing mothers and I'm astounded by all they do. 

2 comments:

RyRy said...

Happy Mother's Day Jamie! You're such a great mom!

Laurie said...

I loved all the details of your Mother's day! I agree with your friend, you are a GREAT mom, Logan is one lucky boy and Jordan is one lucky guy to have you in their lives