My awesome friend Deise started a Beachbody Challenge about a month ago. She's a Beachbody coach and was putting together a challenge where you needed to exercise and eat "clean" every day and get points. Me and my mom decided to do it. I've been wanting to lose weight and I thought this was a great way to get started! It required me to be accountable to someone for my eating and exercising habits.
I got a subscription to Beachbody on Demand, which is basically workout streaming online. There were some exercises I really enjoyed, and some that I didn't as much. I loved Cize, 21 Day Fix, and also the T25 workouts. I tried to exercise everyday, but it's hard to find the time! I would usually end up doing 3-4 hard workouts a week and then walks or pilates the other days. You had to take a picture of your sweaty self to prove you did your workout.
Here we are on a walk at the park.
I learned a lot about my eating habits. I had fun trying new foods and new recipes while I was trying to avoid most processed foods. I didn't eat clean all the time, I still had occasional things that weren't clean. But I was definitely thinking about it more and was also tracking my calories with My Fitness Pal.
This was one of my favorite recipes I made, Blackened Chicken with Avacado creme sauce. I also learned to like brown rice, although I still love white rice. You can find the recipe here: http://fabulesslyfrugal.com/blackened-chicken-with-avocado-cream-sauce/
I also ate a lot of tostadas for lunch, and pretty much cut pasta out of my diet completely.
One of my favorite breakfasts that I discovered was sweet potatoes with eggs. It was so yummy!
I also was eating a lot more fruits and vegetables than I usually do.
I ended up in third place in the challenge (YAY!), I won a giveaway, and best of all, I lost 5 pounds and 3 inches in 28 days! I am going to try to keep up with the good habits I learned, although I haven't been as motivated to workout since the challenge ended a week ago. Deise was a great coach--she was always giving encouragement and would help me with anything I was struggling with. It was really fun and I was so happy with my results!







No comments:
Post a Comment