Monday, November 30, 2015

Gallacher Family Thanksgiving Week

My family came to visit last week but I apparently didn't take hardly any pictures. Whoops! So we'll make due with what I did take.

They all got in Sunday night. Logan was thrilled to see everyone. It was really fun since he can say everyone's name now. My family filled up the basement--Mom was in the guest room, Brett was in the craft room, Dad slept in the hallway, and Michelle was in the family room on the love sack. It worked out really well.

On Monday Jordan had to go to school, but we went to the bounce house and Brett and Michelle and Logan jumped around for a while and had a great time. After Logan's nap we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Huber's house for dinner. It was super yummy and fun!

Tuesday we had family pictures taken! We last got them done four years ago...so a year before I got pregnant with Logan. Haha. They turned out so great! I love all of them!! Also I love FotoFly so much!


My parents are such wonderful grandparents!


The girls


The guys (the girls seem to be outnumbered!)


Such an amazing couple!


My handsome dudes



The birthday buddies


Sisters!


Bros


Siblings!



On Wednesday we (Mom, me, Michelle, Jordan, and Logan) went to see The Good Dinosaur. I didn't love it, I thought it was a little violent for a two-year-old. But Logan had a really good time. He is so good to sit through the whole movie. Afterwards Mom went over to Grandma's house and the rest of us had lunch at the mall food court and ran into Dad and Brett, who were going to see James Bond after lunch.


That night we went to the BYU basketball game with Brett and my dad. It was really fun, and we took no normal pictures. We won, so yay!


Thursday morning we woke up and I made a chocolate pie, which Logan talked about allllll day. I felt like this Thanksgiving went the best out of all the ones I've done so far. Fourth time's the charm, I guess. It was great to have my mom there to help. We had 13 people attend dinner: Mom, Dad, Michelle, Matt, Brett, me, Jordan, Logan, Grandma and Grandpa Huber, Rebecca, and Laurie and Mike.


I'm glad my dining/living room area was big enough to fit everybody.


Jordan fried a delicious turkey. Laurie did the yams and rolls. Mom and I did the potatoes, green beans, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and appetizers. Oh and the chocolate pie. And a ham! I forgot about the ham. Grandma made an apple pie and also brought a cherry pie and pumpkin pie.


Logan actually ate well, for him. Laurie got him to eat quite a bit of ham and sweet potatoes, and he also ate quite a bit of stuffing. But of course he was most excited about the pie.



He ended up having three small pieces. He did not sleep well that night, if you were wondering.


On Friday (Black Friday) my dad, Brett, and Michelle, were up and gone before we'd gotten out of bed. Brett had to go home to get to work on Saturday morning. But Mom got to stay and have a couple of bonus days! We went shopping that morning and hit Kohls (I got some warm pajamas and Paw Patrol socks for Logan), Toys R Us (all I ended up with was some Playdoh for his stocking), and Walmart (jammies for Logan). It was a pretty uneventful Black Friday. Mom went over to Grandma's during Logan's nap and I took a nap as well. I can't remember what we did that evening. 

Saturday we woke up to a bunch of snow and Logan insisted we go play in it immediately. So we got all bundled up and headed outside. Lexi was thrilled to have us go outside with her




Making letters in the snow.


Logan pretty much just wanted to eat all the snow.


For the rest of the day we just played. Mom is such a wonderful grandma, she and Logan built lots of towers and houses out of blocks and also played with cars a lot. He is super sad that she left.


Saturday evening we had dinner with my grandparents and then went up to Mike and Laurie's, since Mom's flight left super early and the Cline's live ten minutes from the airport. So we all had a sleepover and Mom left at 4:30 the next morning. Yikes! Fortunately she got home safely and all is well.

It was so good to see everyone and spend some time together. Can't wait to see them all at Christmas!

No comments: